Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

I love my car!
By Phillip

2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2005 DTS in 2008 with only 35000 miles. Certified Used. We love this car, big, comfortable, and good gas mileage for a tank of this size (around 26 on the highway and 19 in the city) DTS has the tighter suspension and is very agile and doesn't feel like my grandmothers "floating" DeVille. Im a tall guy at 6ft1in and it gives me plenty of room while doing the same for the rear seat passengers. Has every option and gadget and I love it. Our next Car will be a DTS!

Favorite Features

Heated/cooled seats,heated steering wheel, ultra-sonic park assist,Bose Sound System, Rolling Lumbar, Northstar Engine, Power everything,regular gas, OnStar is great! SHES FAST AND BEAUTIFUL!

Suggested Improvements

Could be a little less roomy and comfortable so that on road trips all our friends wouldn't want to cruise along. I do wish they were rear wheel drive. Also wish they had the power sunshades like the DHS!

1st caddy
By chrisptown

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purch. cert. used. 1st caddy. the only drawback and it's a big one is the seats. Watch if you're buying with cooled seats, they are very firm, and the leather trim is quite low quality. the upscale DTS DHS have softer leather.

Favorite Features

sound system--XM-on Star, hands free phone.

Suggested Improvements

seats need to reflect the price of the vehicle.

Learned lesson after 5th Cadillac
By Dick

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Of the five Caddilacs I have had, two bles engines at 60,000 to 80000 miles. It is a great car on the freeway. This is my last, as soon as I can get rid ofr it. Mye 2000 lexus, 300, has only had tires and brakes at 88,000 miles. Goodby Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Same al all new luxury cars, but slightly behind innovation

Suggested Improvements

North Star engine is not what it is purported to be.

Oil burners
By Paul Zobel

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing our third Cad I am just as disappointed in the area of engine reliability that it makes me sick. The engine is now burning oil to the tune of a quart every 100 miles or so. I have found other owners who have the same complaint and it looks like I will have to take it in for an overhaul. It only has 45,000 miles on it and yet it uses this much oil. There is no leakage nor smoking that I can see. I don't think we will ever buy another Cadillac.

American Dream
By merlincat

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought out of an estate sale with only 24k on it. Virtually new 4 year old car. It's every thing a Caddy should be. Heavy, big, roomy, plush, and you can get 4 bodies in the trunk.It gives you that aaahhhh feeling at 80 floating down the interstate. She gets almost 29 mi/gal on cruise at 80 and that's in the Rockies at 7000 ft! So sad the big Caddys are going away for BMW size posers. I imagine they are fine cars but the American dream sled will be another thing we Americans did really well and quit. Got caught in a Colorado blizzard and the heavy 350 sitting over the front wheel drive made her move like an Abrahms tank through the snow. Amazing. If you can find a clean one, buy it!

Favorite Features

A car that is quite relaxing to drive. Even the non Bose stereo is outstanding. Four guys, all over 6 feet tall, 600 miles in a day. Didn't even have to move my seat forward.Ergonomics are unbeatable. Ultimate roadtrip vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

There is only one thing I would change. Those big bulbous headlight nacells make her look a little like a praying mantis from the front. All other lines are so clean, elegant, and tasteful.