Used 2004 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Keeper
By archielmj

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this sparkling mint charcoal 04 Deville in 2009 for 45% of what it cost new with 55,000 km on it and had never seen rain. Deep tinted passenger and rear window and put on a Corsa aftermarket exhaust to give it a sexy look and sound. 5 yrs later, ive changed the oil, put on a new set of Michelins and kept it garaged. I love cruising in safety and style and this big ol' caddy gives me that. I can't imagine selling it since it wouldn't bring much, and to replace this level of luxury and comfort without laying out large money isn't going to happen. There is something to be said for the looks and manners of this 11 yr old car, and will likely keep it for another 10 years or more.

Favorite Features

Luxury amenities like heated seats front and rear. Air cooled front seats, Heated steering wheel. Spacious and luxuriously trimmed. Great sound. Smooth ride, great accelleration, great breaking. Great night lighting inside outside.

Fantastic car for the price
By ryannel2003

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cadillac and I gotta tell you it's been a fantastic car so far. Paid $5k for an '04 with 106k miles. Talk about a steal. Car has a wonderful, smooth ride and bumps no longer exist. Plenty of room for friends or to just stretch out. Northstar V8 has plenty of power and gets decent fuel economy on the highway. Stereo is great and has plenty of power. Tons of rear seat and trunk space as well... Wow! Styling is conservative yet clean and elegant. Love the LED taillights. Handling... well there isn't so much of that LOL. It's not a Town Car but you can certainly tell you are driving big car. Really enjoying this car so far.

Favorite Features

Love the Northstar V8 engine. GM finally fixed the headgasket problem in '04 so I shouldn't have to worry about that. The seats are really comfortable and have plenty of adjustments. The styling is classy Cadillac though with a modern twist. Interior styling is ergonomic and there is tons of storage throughout. Fuel economy is decent for car with large V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Car is hard to maneuver because of FWD platform. window regulators are terrible design and tend to break often. Interior design is nice but quality isn't great. Vibrations above 70MPH are common and require time consuming road force balance along with other possible issues. Front motor mounts break often and are poor design.

Of the Town.
By mrcadillacman

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

DeVille, literally translated from French to English means "of the town". All I want to do is drive this around town. Ventilated Cooled Front seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, XM Radio, OnStar, integrated turn signals in the side mirrors, hands-free calling, And parking sensors just to name a few of my favorite features. I am a 20 year old male and I love LOVE driving this beautiful machine. I am proud to say "That's my Cadillac" My second DeVille and I will buy another Cadillac soon, after all, Cadillac is the new standard of the World, Right?

Favorite Features

Cooled Seats!!

Suggested Improvements

30 City 50 Highway MPG haha. Nothing.

Mostly Happy
By cadillac man

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ride comfort is a primary concern to me, at 6'3" and about 265lbs. Rides very quiet; handles well. Reoccurring problems have been the power steering, and 3 of the 4 window regulators.

Favorite Features

LARGE trunk; did I say LARGE?

Suggested Improvements

Reliability of the window mechanism and the power steering components.

first & last Cadillac
By Curt

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always drove "big" T-Birds & Buick Park Avenues. I've experienced problems I have never had before. Battewry "blew" up in my garage, ruining large area of concrete. Drivers window went out early & now drivers remote mirror is out & passenger side window went out in down position while out of town in cold weather. I'd rather drive my 05 Grand Cherokee. Gas mileage is definitely good maybebestthing about the Cadillac. I'll be lookimg for a replacement soon.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

small reliability problems, most irritating. I'm almost afraid to drive this car out of town. I have a friend who has the exact cadillac, same problems.