Used 2004 Cadillac DeVille DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

performance on the cheap
By tommy

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What can I say this car is the Corvette for those of us over 6,5" (6,7") spirited acceleration with a growl of 300 hp and the smoothness of cruising on the highway @80 mph running lo rpm and quiet watching the estimated remaining miles to empty rise, city driving terrible like a big SUV since we have heavy feet syndrome but once on the highway my dts avgs 29- 32 mpg and the light platinum color which is liquid silver if you love your car glows endlessly day or night. A low mileage 32,265 off lease for $20k with tax and a 4 yr extended warranty this purchase cannot be beat, for $5k more or less than the std base deville this beauty is well worth it and only my third Cadillac off lease purchase

Favorite Features

the acceleration in manual mode and the awesome ambiance of the Bose cd system with the moonroof open sheer driving pleasure, supple black buckets up front with raspberry stitching offer the driver Bentley style with cheap Cadillac pricing ,heated/cooled seats and stabilitrak standard

Suggested Improvements

AWD shouldn't be limited to the higher end models 400 hp wouldn't be too bad an idea either

My Beautiful DeVille DTS
By Bradly R.

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive my 2004 Cadillac Deville DTS. It's powerful 4.6L 300 hp Northstar engine is a highway touring dream. This touring variant of the Deville has the sleekest and sporty styling of any trim for this model year. You feel like a king in this car. It has every option a man could ever want. It even has massaging leather heated front seats! The performance of this car is amazing. When you drive this car down the road, people notice you. Fuel economy is excellent on the highway and poor in the city. Fuel costs are a small price to pay to experience this level of Cadillac luxury. White lightning is my favorite color for this car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the 300 hp 4.6L V8 Northstar. Other favorites are the performance shifting, massaging seats, and driver memory features. The night vision option is also a nice touch. I love the express open premium sunroof. Trunk space is very good and the trunk netting is very functional.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change on this car is the front grille for the night vision option. The flat black really contrasts the stunning chrome and exquisite white lightning premium paint.

Love this Car!
By doug

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it used and I have to tell the world, this car rocks. It has a super sound system, looks awesome (White Pearl), handles nicely, has lots of zoom, and the gas mileage is not bad if I keep my foot out of it. I love beating the Mustang GT kids off the lights. What a blast. I love my Caddy.

Favorite Features

The motor, stereo, seats, and paint.

Suggested Improvements

All wheel drive and 400 hp would be nice :).

My DTS
By Scott Matthews

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I believe these sedans are very underrated. I love my DTS! The only things I would change: I would make an AWD version and the front cup holder (when flipped out) blocks the shifter from shifting into 1st gear. Last week I drove a 2006 DTS, loaded to the hilt. I can actually say I like the interior of my 2004 much better than the 2006. I do like the changes outside for 2006 though.

Favorite Features

The interior door handles are very elegent. The wood trim is not too "Brown." The leather seats are soft and suple. The navigation system is great and the Bose stereo sounds great. The ergonomics in general seem to have been well thought out.

Suggested Improvements

The front cup holder gets in the way of 1st gear. Add AWD. Give it express close for the rear windows and sunroof and larger front / rear rotors and calipers.

A great commuter car
By Dennis Donlin

2004 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 45 minute commute through some worn streets in a northern climate, and the DTS is a great vehicle. It is extremely sure footed, very comfortable, roomy but easy to manuever and a great value. The sound system is extroidinary, XM is a must.

Favorite Features

Northstar V8, sound system and massaging drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

Remove panic button form key fob, too easy to set off accidentally.