2004 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Fantastic car for the price
By ryannel2003 on 09/08/13 15:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cadillac and I gotta tell you it's been a fantastic car so far. Paid $5k for an '04 with 106k miles. Talk about a steal. Car has a wonderful, smooth ride and bumps no longer exist. Plenty of room for friends or to just stretch out. Northstar V8 has plenty of power and gets decent fuel economy on the highway. Stereo is great and has plenty of power. Tons of rear seat and trunk space as well... Wow! Styling is conservative yet clean and elegant. Love the LED taillights. Handling... well there isn't so much of that LOL. It's not a Town Car but you can certainly tell you are driving big car. Really enjoying this car so far.

Of the Town.
By mrcadillacman on 06/19/13 20:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

DeVille, literally translated from French to English means "of the town". All I want to do is drive this around town. Ventilated Cooled Front seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, XM Radio, OnStar, integrated turn signals in the side mirrors, hands-free calling, And parking sensors just to name a few of my favorite features. I am a 20 year old male and I love LOVE driving this beautiful machine. I am proud to say "That's my Cadillac" My second DeVille and I will buy another Cadillac soon, after all, Cadillac is the new standard of the World, Right?

Mostly Happy
By cadillac man on 07/27/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ride comfort is a primary concern to me, at 6'3" and about 265lbs. Rides very quiet; handles well. Reoccurring problems have been the power steering, and 3 of the 4 window regulators.

first & last Cadillac
By Curt on 01/04/10 11:54 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always drove "big" T-Birds & Buick Park Avenues. I've experienced problems I have never had before. Battewry "blew" up in my garage, ruining large area of concrete. Drivers window went out early & now drivers remote mirror is out & passenger side window went out in down position while out of town in cold weather. I'd rather drive my 05 Grand Cherokee. Gas mileage is definitely good maybebestthing about the Cadillac. I'll be lookimg for a replacement soon.

Great Ride
By Neal Wenner on 09/28/09 05:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been an excellent commuter car for me. It was a GM certified vehicle which came with an awesome warranty, the brake rotors were warped at 41,000 mi. and were replaced no questions asked, really the only issue I have had with this car. I love the ride and responsive handling for a big car, the getup and go is great, when it is in cruise control you are literally floating on the road. We have driven this car down south a few times and there is not too many nicer cars to take a trip in and it averaged pretty close to 27.5 mpg. The mileage is reduced to about 18mpg in town but I personally do not do alot of that. Great car.

Love it!
By fge00 on 08/03/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this after my STS engine locked up on me. There is a problem with the security system draining the battery but I worked around that. Aside from that one problem this thing is incredible. Smooth ride, ultra comfortable and the sound system is amazing. I would definitely purchase this again even with the problems.

What American Luxury is all about
By LT1 fan on 06/29/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I never considered Caddy, but always drove big American cars for their comfort, safety and value. Test drove Impalas, Lucernes, Lexus ES and finally this Caddy. Hands down the best family car for the money (especially used). Huge but still handles nicely. Cavernous trunk, very low noise and exceptional stability means great road trip material for the family. Northstar provides great highway performance and very good gas mileage (22-23mpg). Love the simple layout and easy-to-use creature comforts. A couple of issues with window regulators and electrical shorts (all fixed under warranty) marred the otherwise great reliability and consistency. GM better not discontinue this one!

Best Luxury car for the money
By Jason A on 06/15/09 13:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Car about 6 to 7 months ago when the gas prices were around $ 3.50 to 4 bucks a gallon. So not alot of people wanted this car because it doesnt get the best gas mileage. All I have owned is cadillacs, I love them. They don't hold there value well but you can pick them up at a good price if you really look around. I paid $7,000 total for mine with taxes. at the time its high book value was $11,500. The car does have a little over 100,000 miles but you can't tell by looking at it. For a big car that weighs alot this car will get up and fly, the ride is of course very comfortable. For the money you can't go wrong if you want a big, fast, and luxurious car, That is fun to drive.

Why do you think they call it Cadillac?
By CadillacCabman on 06/03/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a fair-sized man about 6ft-240lbs and I have a tall torso. Not every car fits me. It has more acceleration, more creature comfort, and more highway stability than any automobile I have owned. However, the flagship Mercedes-Benz is my absolute favorite this DeVille is a better value dollar- for-dollar-bang-for-the-buck. Yeah. DeVille stinks on initial resale, but I knew that going into this purchase. This is why I buy off-lease, certified Deville’s. I travel 65000+- annually and would love to have the fuel economy of a Toyota Prius. However, that is the only improvement I can think of for my 2004 Deville DHS. Nonetheless, I still get about 27 mph- highways, 23 mph-overall and it runs just f

Classic American Big Car
By ends and odds on 05/27/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It used to be that all big cars rode and handled like this - including Buicks and Mercurys. Now you have to spend $45K to get that feeling back - shame. Anyway - love my Caddy - a couple of reliability quirks including window and heated/cooled seat problems but they were all covered under the decent warranty. GM's OEM Brakes still stink too but that's easily improved once changed out. Exceptional comfort, safety, security and power are what this great family sedan is all about. Recommended.

1 2 3 4 5 next »