Used 2004 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

RICH MAN'S CAR FOR WORKING CLASS MONEY!
By Dave Edwards

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The reality of these fine cars, is that the market has not been kind to them. But that is a good thing for a guy like me, who is on a budget, and wants a nice, classy car. My 2004 Deville Base cost $35,000.00 + new in '04, but in March, 2015- with 107k on the odometer, it cost me $4,000.00 out the door of the dealer, with all taxes and fees, and smog paid. I have since fixed all the things that were known issues at purchase. I put on new General Altimax RT tires, new cross drilled and vented rotors and ceramic pads all around, and a new heater blower motor. Buying all the parts on Ebay- NEW for about half the price of a local auto parts store... and my costs are at about $5,200.00 YES, I then had a driver's door window regulator failure! EBAY- NEW AC Delco Motor, 61.50, and regulator- 30.99 Labor- 75 bucks. The REAL reason these regulators fail, is because GM used nylon/ plastic guide wheels. If they were made of aluminum, there would have been far less problems. If you encounter regulator failures BUY ON EBAY. I've heard that dealers can charge as much as 500 bucks to replace one. After seeing my mechanic do the job, I know I could do it myself. $168 is quite reasonable, I'd say. A note- the dealer I bought from, was DRIVING this car from Reno, to Tahoe daily.... because he dug it that much. Now, it's my turn. This car, is by far, the most classically 'handsome' Cadillac of the last 30 years, in my opinion. It handles like a sloth. I don't like that so much, as I drove high performance cars all my life. That said- the great angry song of the Northstar V-8 when you 'get on it' is a joy to hear! Mileage so far has been as bad as 18.0 city, and as good as 21+ highway. Haven't taken it on a long highway trip yet. It is about the same as my Nissan Pathfinder. HEY! I bought a Cadillac, not a friggin' hippie Prius! I'm a very big man- 6'-3" and large framed. This is the most comfortable, roomy car I've ever owned. I'm also a bass player. My whole rig, two small speaker cabinets, two bass guitars and stands, a seat, and an amp head fit in the trunk, no problem.

Keeper
By archielmj

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this sparkling mint charcoal 04 Deville in 2009 for 45% of what it cost new with 55,000 km on it and had never seen rain. Deep tinted passenger and rear window and put on a Corsa aftermarket exhaust to give it a sexy look and sound. 5 yrs later, ive changed the oil, put on a new set of Michelins and kept it garaged. I love cruising in safety and style and this big ol' caddy gives me that. I can't imagine selling it since it wouldn't bring much, and to replace this level of luxury and comfort without laying out large money isn't going to happen. There is something to be said for the looks and manners of this 11 yr old car, and will likely keep it for another 10 years or more.

Luxury amenities like heated seats front and rear. Air cooled front seats, Heated steering wheel. Spacious and luxuriously trimmed. Great sound. Smooth ride, great accelleration, great breaking. Great night lighting inside outside.

Fantastic car for the price
By ryannel2003

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cadillac and I gotta tell you it's been a fantastic car so far. Paid $5k for an '04 with 106k miles. Talk about a steal. Car has a wonderful, smooth ride and bumps no longer exist. Plenty of room for friends or to just stretch out. Northstar V8 has plenty of power and gets decent fuel economy on the highway. Stereo is great and has plenty of power. Tons of rear seat and trunk space as well... Wow! Styling is conservative yet clean and elegant. Love the LED taillights. Handling... well there isn't so much of that LOL. It's not a Town Car but you can certainly tell you are driving big car. Really enjoying this car so far.

Love the Northstar V8 engine. GM finally fixed the headgasket problem in '04 so I shouldn't have to worry about that. The seats are really comfortable and have plenty of adjustments. The styling is classy Cadillac though with a modern twist. Interior styling is ergonomic and there is tons of storage throughout. Fuel economy is decent for car with large V8 engine.

Car is hard to maneuver because of FWD platform. window regulators are terrible design and tend to break often. Interior design is nice but quality isn't great. Vibrations above 70MPH are common and require time consuming road force balance along with other possible issues. Front motor mounts break often and are poor design.

Of the Town.
By mrcadillacman

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

DeVille, literally translated from French to English means "of the town". All I want to do is drive this around town. Ventilated Cooled Front seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, XM Radio, OnStar, integrated turn signals in the side mirrors, hands-free calling, And parking sensors just to name a few of my favorite features. I am a 20 year old male and I love LOVE driving this beautiful machine. I am proud to say "That's my Cadillac" My second DeVille and I will buy another Cadillac soon, after all, Cadillac is the new standard of the World, Right?

Cooled Seats!!

30 City 50 Highway MPG haha. Nothing.

Mostly Happy
By cadillac man

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ride comfort is a primary concern to me, at 6'3" and about 265lbs. Rides very quiet; handles well. Reoccurring problems have been the power steering, and 3 of the 4 window regulators.

LARGE trunk; did I say LARGE?

Reliability of the window mechanism and the power steering components.