2004 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2004 DeVille Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Sort Reviews by

Keeper
By archielmj

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this sparkling mint charcoal 04 Deville in 2009 for 45% of what it cost new with 55,000 km on it and had never seen rain. Deep tinted passenger and rear window and put on a Corsa aftermarket exhaust to give it a sexy look and sound. 5 yrs later, ive changed the oil, put on a new set of Michelins and kept it garaged. I love cruising in safety and style and this big ol' caddy gives me that. I can't imagine selling it since it wouldn't bring much, and to replace this level of luxury and comfort without laying out large money isn't going to happen. There is something to be said for the looks and manners of this 11 yr old car, and will likely keep it for another 10 years or more.

Favorite Features

Luxury amenities like heated seats front and rear. Air cooled front seats, Heated steering wheel. Spacious and luxuriously trimmed. Great sound. Smooth ride, great accelleration, great breaking. Great night lighting inside outside.

Fantastic car for the price
By ryannel2003

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Cadillac and I gotta tell you it's been a fantastic car so far. Paid $5k for an '04 with 106k miles. Talk about a steal. Car has a wonderful, smooth ride and bumps no longer exist. Plenty of room for friends or to just stretch out. Northstar V8 has plenty of power and gets decent fuel economy on the highway. Stereo is great and has plenty of power. Tons of rear seat and trunk space as well... Wow! Styling is conservative yet clean and elegant. Love the LED taillights. Handling... well there isn't so much of that LOL. It's not a Town Car but you can certainly tell you are driving big car. Really enjoying this car so far.

Favorite Features

Love the Northstar V8 engine. GM finally fixed the headgasket problem in '04 so I shouldn't have to worry about that. The seats are really comfortable and have plenty of adjustments. The styling is classy Cadillac though with a modern twist. Interior styling is ergonomic and there is tons of storage throughout. Fuel economy is decent for car with large V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Car is hard to maneuver because of FWD platform. window regulators are terrible design and tend to break often. Interior design is nice but quality isn't great. Vibrations above 70MPH are common and require time consuming road force balance along with other possible issues. Front motor mounts break often and are poor design.

Of the Town.
By mrcadillacman

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

DeVille, literally translated from French to English means "of the town". All I want to do is drive this around town. Ventilated Cooled Front seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, XM Radio, OnStar, integrated turn signals in the side mirrors, hands-free calling, And parking sensors just to name a few of my favorite features. I am a 20 year old male and I love LOVE driving this beautiful machine. I am proud to say "That's my Cadillac" My second DeVille and I will buy another Cadillac soon, after all, Cadillac is the new standard of the World, Right?

Favorite Features

Cooled Seats!!

Suggested Improvements

30 City 50 Highway MPG haha. Nothing.

Mostly Happy
By cadillac man

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ride comfort is a primary concern to me, at 6'3" and about 265lbs. Rides very quiet; handles well. Reoccurring problems have been the power steering, and 3 of the 4 window regulators.

Favorite Features

LARGE trunk; did I say LARGE?

Suggested Improvements

Reliability of the window mechanism and the power steering components.

first & last Cadillac
By Curt

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always drove "big" T-Birds & Buick Park Avenues. I've experienced problems I have never had before. Battewry "blew" up in my garage, ruining large area of concrete. Drivers window went out early & now drivers remote mirror is out & passenger side window went out in down position while out of town in cold weather. I'd rather drive my 05 Grand Cherokee. Gas mileage is definitely good maybebestthing about the Cadillac. I'll be lookimg for a replacement soon.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

small reliability problems, most irritating. I'm almost afraid to drive this car out of town. I have a friend who has the exact cadillac, same problems.

Great Ride
By Neal Wenner

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been an excellent commuter car for me. It was a GM certified vehicle which came with an awesome warranty, the brake rotors were warped at 41,000 mi. and were replaced no questions asked, really the only issue I have had with this car. I love the ride and responsive handling for a big car, the getup and go is great, when it is in cruise control you are literally floating on the road. We have driven this car down south a few times and there is not too many nicer cars to take a trip in and it averaged pretty close to 27.5 mpg. The mileage is reduced to about 18mpg in town but I personally do not do alot of that. Great car.

Favorite Features

heated/ air cond. seats, heated steering wheel, feel of the seats, ride.

Suggested Improvements

better city mpg, a little sportier look but I guess thats what the sts is for.

Love it!
By fge00

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this after my STS engine locked up on me. There is a problem with the security system draining the battery but I worked around that. Aside from that one problem this thing is incredible. Smooth ride, ultra comfortable and the sound system is amazing. I would definitely purchase this again even with the problems.

Favorite Features

Brakes feel a little loose, window controls could be a little more user friendly. Should come with better tires for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter brakes, window controls.

What American Luxury is all about
By LT1 fan

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I never considered Caddy, but always drove big American cars for their comfort, safety and value. Test drove Impalas, Lucernes, Lexus ES and finally this Caddy. Hands down the best family car for the money (especially used). Huge but still handles nicely. Cavernous trunk, very low noise and exceptional stability means great road trip material for the family. Northstar provides great highway performance and very good gas mileage (22-23mpg). Love the simple layout and easy-to-use creature comforts. A couple of issues with window regulators and electrical shorts (all fixed under warranty) marred the otherwise great reliability and consistency. GM better not discontinue this one!

Favorite Features

Northstar V8, seats (heated and cooled), overall comfort and quietness

Suggested Improvements

A bit more off-the-line oomph, better accessory quality.

Best Luxury car for the money
By Jason A

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Car about 6 to 7 months ago when the gas prices were around $ 3.50 to 4 bucks a gallon. So not alot of people wanted this car because it doesnt get the best gas mileage. All I have owned is cadillacs, I love them. They don't hold there value well but you can pick them up at a good price if you really look around. I paid $7,000 total for mine with taxes. at the time its high book value was $11,500. The car does have a little over 100,000 miles but you can't tell by looking at it. For a big car that weighs alot this car will get up and fly, the ride is of course very comfortable. For the money you can't go wrong if you want a big, fast, and luxurious car, That is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The electronic speed omonter where everything is electronic including the gas gauge, tire pressure, MPG, oil life, E.T.C

Suggested Improvements

The window regulator. Seems to have a problem in alot of cadillacs. Thats the only thing I can think of that GM built cheaply in this car.

Why do you think they call it Cadillac?
By CadillacCabman

2004 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a fair-sized man about 6ft-240lbs and I have a tall torso. Not every car fits me. It has more acceleration, more creature comfort, and more highway stability than any automobile I have owned. However, the flagship Mercedes-Benz is my absolute favorite this DeVille is a better value dollar- for-dollar-bang-for-the-buck. Yeah. DeVille stinks on initial resale, but I knew that going into this purchase. This is why I buy off-lease, certified Deville’s. I travel 65000+- annually and would love to have the fuel economy of a Toyota Prius. However, that is the only improvement I can think of for my 2004 Deville DHS. Nonetheless, I still get about 27 mph- highways, 23 mph-overall and it runs just f

Favorite Features

Solid construction, interior space, headroom, legroom, shoulder room, ergonomics, handling, acceleration, ride quality, safety, creature comforts, climate control, quietness, economy of ownership, fuel economy & ONSTAR.

Suggested Improvements

Improved braking. (I understand this was accomplished in the new models)