2003 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Cadillac Deville 2003 unreal value
By 2003 DEVILLE CAD on 08/03/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The five year old 2003 deville Cadillac I purchased has been a headache and wallet drain ache. It has been many times to dealership for this or that repairs under warranty or I am paying the bill. Then the dealership damages it and won't repair unless I pay. The gm parts are expensive ($7.00 plastic retainer) and you wait for them to order them. The noise caused by the self leveling system is aggravating to hear. The car is so big and bulky that you can not maneuver it easily. The power steering is soft however. Yet that steering had to be repaired also to be soft and noiseless. The quality and workmanship is not worth the money you spend to buy. Next car I purchase will be a new one and not gm.

I Love this car
By zipcode21804 on 07/01/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac and by far the best. Gas mileage could be better but hey it's a caddy. The ride is just what you would expect. I have not had a problem with the car in six months of ownership. If you are looking for a good family car, look no further than the 2003 deville. when you push on the gas this baby will get it. I was truly surprised, howbeit at four dollars a gallon I don't get on the gas to often. This is truly a highway car, but it's pretty cool for tooling around town as well. I've learned that the ladies love its style. Buy it!

Gas Crunch? Luxury and Economical Ride
By Big Lou on 06/30/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Cadillac a few months ago. My fear was that it was a gas guzzler as I've owned Cadillac's since the 80's. Much to my surprise, I got 27 mpg on the highway commuting to and from work. I love the car, it's comfort and options. This car is second to none for affordability, reliability and overall fun driving. It's not Grandpa's Cadillac anymore.

1st Cadillac Ever
By wsillyman on 06/28/08 22:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 1st Cadillac I've ever owned, yet I didn't buy this one, I inherited from my father when he became no longer able to drive for health reasons. My wife has health issues as well with her legs and back (as I have back issues as well), this car is the easiest car to get in and out of with no pressure on our backs or legs. We have taken it on several short trips and each trip was enjoyable and comfortable. We are taking an extended vacation in July and August and are looking forward to the trip in comfort and safety.

Noise in power steering
By Jack on 05/10/08 16:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2003 Deville nice running top of the line car. Looks great too. Thing that are wrong are the cruise control very easy to hit in error. Moon roof leak and filled battery well. Shorted battery out. Does not get the same mpg as my old 99 did. Also you do not know if some left the ac on in the back. But I have a problem with this car now my power steering makes noise after I had to replace the back line. The noise is only when the steering wheel is in dead center. If I move it just a little it stops. The noise is coming from the line at the bottom of the drive side.

Premier Car of the GM Fleet?
By Concerned on 09/12/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What's the rest of the fleet like? Power train good (so far) but stupid stuff - like mechanical mechanism for passenger window replaced at 45000 miles, wheel bearings replaced at 48000 miles, brake sensors corroded and replaced 46000 - all out of warranty, of course. Trunk developed leak at 43000. I buy one owner-off lease vehicles with about 25000 miles on them. Drove Lincoln Continentals for 10 years, bought extended warranties - never once used them - cars each died after 175000 miles. This car would cost a mint to drive 175000 miles. Very disappointing for quality and reliability. Cadillac, you've got a long way to go to be perceived as a quality vehicle.

My car
By Fredrick Hetzel on 08/18/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my car, it is just right for me. It fits my body in total comfort and is always reliable. All of my passangers think it is a great ride.

2003 DeVille
By thawyzard on 02/06/07 14:07 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drive my DeVille on the open road and in the city. It has the smoothest ride ever. I drive 30,000 miles per year. The DeVille is the most comfortable car that I have ever owned. Its gas mileage is dependent upon the speed you drive. I have driven it 100,000 miles with few problems, none serious. I have never been left sever stranded or towed etc. I had problems with the air conditioner fan and a few interior pieces had to be replaced. Otherwise, this is a very good, A+++ car.

2003 Cadillac Deville
By John Herman on 10/22/06 01:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Good car except that at 15000 miles, Cadillac had to rebuild engine/installed new pistons and rings due to high oil consumption. No problems since. Now have 38000 miles. Excellent road car. Not happy with the resale value. Depreciates too fast. If I buy another Cadillac, I'm going to look for a late model with low mileage that has already taken the depreciation hit.

2003 Cadillac DeVille
By John E. Herman on 09/13/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

At 15,000 miles, my car was burning a quart of oil every 900 miles. Cadillac refused to install a new engine, but rebuilt the old engine instead installing new pistons and rings. My car now has 35,000 miles and runs okay but the gas mileage dropped considerably from what it was before the overhaul. I will never buy another Cadillac and probably won't buy a GM car again. I'm currently considering some high end Japenese cars.