Used 2003 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

great car but....
By kate58

2003 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 89000 miles on it. two weeks after it was bought the problems started. One day while driving, the battery light came and the car shut off. I replaced the battery (what the dealership told me was the ONLY problem). after the new battery it ran fine for about a month then it started again. The dealer told me nothing was wrong with it. Every time i turn on the a/c or heat the car will shut off, even when randomly driving it shuts off. The service tire monitor light came on, fixed that only for it to come back on shortly after. Love the car despite these issues but just wish the dealer would have helped more.

Very smooth ride, comfortable for all passengers, all digital gauge cluster, lots of space, overall layout of interior fittings is great.

better MPG ( despite it being a boat of a vehicle), larger turn radius, the timing of the digital gauge cluster ( takes a while for it to switch between lighter and darker modes.

One owner car bought with 65K
By totsman

2003 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To anyone with a vibration issue. You need to keep the stock Michelin Symmetry's on the car. Once I put new tires on and went to Sullivan Tire multiple times we did it. 0 to 100 MPH, no vibration. Bad experience with Caddy dealer who had to be told to replace back seat control module twice. I wrote it in the P & S agreement the AC in the back didn't work. 1) Tire's (2) Dry boots and a broken axle 3) Broken engine front mount 4) Water pump froze and wiped out all the pully system. (5) Air intake sensor problem 6) Fuel pump float sending unit gone 7) 1-20-11 back in the shop for misfire and fuel 8) Replaced pass. window regulator

OK, once I got the vibration issue fixed and took my first road trip it was perfect. Smooth quiet and fast. I guess buying a 1 owner older woman owned always serviced at the caddy dealer didn't pay off for me.

Caddy dealerships should know about never selling a top dollar used car without the stock tires. Located in Woburn MA, skimmped on a pre-sale inspection.

A Great Car

2003 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car 7 years, purchased new. I have had very few problems, none major. The only annoying problem is that the car has always vibrated at about 70mph. No one has been able to discover why it does this. Other than that, no complains. We have driven this car on several vacations with 700 800 miles per day. No sweat. Gas mileage is very close to EPA rating both in town and on the highway, usually 18-20 city and 24-26 highway (EPA is 18/27). The 4 valve per cylinder engine lacks good low end torque as does every such engine like this that I have driven. But, if you want to go, hang on. Comfortable, classy, reliable. What else could you want?

XM radio, headlights, big knobs on AC, Radio, etc. Very comfortable ride front and rear.

Tone down the auto leveling pump! Get the seat belts off the seats and back on the side posts.

A V8 Gem

2003 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been extremely reliable and has required minimum maintenance over the years. MPG on the highway is still 25-26 driving the speed limit of 70 mph. Great car that I'm counting on reaching 250,000 miles using Mobil 1 5W30 motor oil and changing it every 3000 miles.

Nice ride with great MPG for a V8

Seats are too soft.

No quality in some systems

2003 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this practically new 25,000miles car from my neighbor and thought that being a $50,000 Cadillac, it would be a wothwhile opportunity. Wrong! In less than 5,000 miles and 8 months since bought, I have had to replace each front window mechanisms twice. The SS cable just lets go of the support bracket although it's new. Too wide turning radius, no U turns allowed without backing up. The A/C works well but it showers the occupants with a black greasy foam which has damaged the carpet, seats and occupant clothing. Impossible to remove cleanly and very costly to repair. Too plastic int. As stated to the dealer, this is supposed to be a $50K car and the features do not justify cost.

Size, plenty of A/C when not blowing oily foam. Roomy interior although not the center seat in rear where it is not comfortable. ( It is actually made for 4 people max.)

As much as I hate to say it, these American companies need to provide the consumers with quality products. I have always owned American cars but I have come to realize that they are built with a Mickey Mouse mentality. On one end I have a sophisticated 32 valve engine and then there is no quality.