2003 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
great car but....
By kate58 on 05/13/12 13:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 89000 miles on it. two weeks after it was bought the problems started. One day while driving, the battery light came and the car shut off. I replaced the battery (what the dealership told me was the ONLY problem). after the new battery it ran fine for about a month then it started again. The dealer told me nothing was wrong with it. Every time i turn on the a/c or heat the car will shut off, even when randomly driving it shuts off. The service tire monitor light came on, fixed that only for it to come back on shortly after. Love the car despite these issues but just wish the dealer would have helped more.

One owner car bought with 65K
By totsman on 01/21/11 19:12 PM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

To anyone with a vibration issue. You need to keep the stock Michelin Symmetry's on the car. Once I put new tires on and went to Sullivan Tire multiple times we did it. 0 to 100 MPH, no vibration. Bad experience with Caddy dealer who had to be told to replace back seat control module twice. I wrote it in the P & S agreement the AC in the back didn't work. 1) Tire's (2) Dry boots and a broken axle 3) Broken engine front mount 4) Water pump froze and wiped out all the pully system. (5) Air intake sensor problem 6) Fuel pump float sending unit gone 7) 1-20-11 back in the shop for misfire and fuel 8) Replaced pass. window regulator

A Great Car
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 04:26 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car 7 years, purchased new. I have had very few problems, none major. The only annoying problem is that the car has always vibrated at about 70mph. No one has been able to discover why it does this. Other than that, no complains. We have driven this car on several vacations with 700 800 miles per day. No sweat. Gas mileage is very close to EPA rating both in town and on the highway, usually 18-20 city and 24-26 highway (EPA is 18/27). The 4 valve per cylinder engine lacks good low end torque as does every such engine like this that I have driven. But, if you want to go, hang on. Comfortable, classy, reliable. What else could you want?

A V8 Gem
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 04:19 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been extremely reliable and has required minimum maintenance over the years. MPG on the highway is still 25-26 driving the speed limit of 70 mph. Great car that I'm counting on reaching 250,000 miles using Mobil 1 5W30 motor oil and changing it every 3000 miles.

No quality in some systems
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 04:12 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this practically new 25,000miles car from my neighbor and thought that being a $50,000 Cadillac, it would be a wothwhile opportunity. Wrong! In less than 5,000 miles and 8 months since bought, I have had to replace each front window mechanisms twice. The SS cable just lets go of the support bracket although it's new. Too wide turning radius, no U turns allowed without backing up. The A/C works well but it showers the occupants with a black greasy foam which has damaged the carpet, seats and occupant clothing. Impossible to remove cleanly and very costly to repair. Too plastic int. As stated to the dealer, this is supposed to be a $50K car and the features do not justify cost.

Expensive to Maintain
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 04:06 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had to replace water pump @40k mi. Failed about 10k mi. later 2nd replacement / Three window regulators..not cheap! Broken motor mounts.. Now @ 87k miles transmission has to be rebuilt which will include torque converter expected costs 2200-3000 dollars .The sad part is I'm still making payments on this car that I loathe. I am a professional school bus driver and am not hard on cars.. my last Cad. is a '94 el Dorado with 200k mi. and I've spent very little in maintenance and repairs and we plan to drive it till there's nothing left but the steering wheel, love that car!

Best Car Ever
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 04:05 AM (PST)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've always liked caddy's, and this one is no exception. Can't believe how nice it still is and love the 275 hp engine. Everybody talks about how pretty it is. I like the vinyl top a lot also. Its the best car I've ever owned and definitely the most luxurious. I even like it better than my infiniti. In my opinion I bought the car from a car lot ran by crooks, they did not disclose things about the car I should have known before purchasing, and had to have a couple parts replaced. Still have a few more to go but at the end of the day I still really like this car more than any other. The best I test drove. My dream is to own a house and a dts platinum off the show room floor.

Cadillac Deville
By mike on 10/08/09 01:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I been a Lincoln owner for over twenty years and finally bought a Cadillac. So far the ride and fuel economy and comfort is about the best you can get in a full size luxury car. I am disappointed in the quailty workmanship cheap plastic on dash and cheap looking leather for the seats and rattles never had nothing like that with the Lincolns I owned. Only had it a month now and no problems yet so can't speak on reliability hopefully it will be better then the others I have heard about. Its strickly a highway cruiser you don't hear the rattles. It handles poorly even for a luxury car it should handle better but i spend all my time with it on the highway so I am happy with the car so far.

Nice Car -- 2003 Deville
By stacey on 06/09/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love driving this big highway cruiser. It is smooth, particularly on a long trip. Handling is good overall -- but not the best vehicle for tight/congested places. No major mechanical problems to date. Digital instruments look like 1980 vintage and controls are kind of low rent.

Didn't Cadillac stand for class?
By No Good on 05/03/09 23:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Second owner car only had 40K on it. within the first 2 months both rear windows when out. At a year or so the ignition when out ($500 bucks at the dealership) and now at 57K the crank position sensors($320 at pep boys) when out. Don't buy cadillac unless it come with a warranty, you extra cash to throw away and /or you love hanging out at the auto shop.