Used 2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

sorriest car i have ever bought
By dlbeach 46

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car has been in shop at least once month sence i owned it. warrent out and stil having to put 300 to 500 every other month . sensors, water pump, coolent tank. starter,what else to go wrong

Never Again
By dwagamon

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchased a 2001 Deville and turned it in under the Lemon Law within 6 months (26 times in the shop). We purchased a 2002 replacement. This car was good for about 35,000 miles. Then it started using oil, had to replace 2 seat heaters, water pump, and two starters. Since then it has been one senor after another, cruise control module, two more starters, flywheel, ball joint, etc, etc. I will drive this until it stops to get my investment back, however I could never be compelled to purchase another Cadillac in this lifetime! Not worth the cost outlay or the frustration level. I have also learned Cadillac, as a company, is not concerned about its customers - horrendous experience!

Favorite Features

On Star phone, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

For a luxury car, the arm rest and cup holder in the back seat is extremely low quality. Seat heaters burn out quickly, engine uses oil after 35,000 miles, many - many sensor replacements, etc.

Best all around car I ever owned
By Charles Henry

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This my is my fifth Cadillac and is the best driving car I have ever owned . I get good mileage for the size. I have had numerous repairs but I enjoy the it handles and I plan to drive for several more years .

Favorite Features

It`s paint job and style make stand out in any parking lot

Suggested Improvements

It has more features than I need .

Im lovin'it
By shawano

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was a Buick man till I got the great deal on this used 2002 dts. Under $10K. Gripes: 1-power steering pump quit 3 months after purchase. 2- heating element in top 1/2 of driver's seat doesn't get warm enough. Other than that, I love it. ride is better than my old park avenue and lesabers. I accept the lower mileage as a trade-off for the comfort and great ride. Some portions on the instrument panel and nav system are hard to see if the sun is behind you though.

Favorite Features

Nav system, onstar, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressure warning system is a pain in the but - way too sensitive

Plush ride, needs service every 4 month
By Uwe & Wendy

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We got the car in April 2008 with 60k miles. My wife has a 70 miles commute every day, so we are putting a lot of milage on the vehicel. Plush ride, very comfortable. However, every 4 months or so there had been issues - mostly with the electronic. Every visit in the shop is at least $700. No wonder that you can by those used ones so dirt cheap - you need to invest $3,000 or more every year just to keep them running! Gas milage is about 19 MPG on premium gas (the poster who reported 30+ miles is clearly smoking something!) with a mix of city & highway.

Favorite Features

Leather, comfortable suspension, memory seats, huge trunk, cheap used sales price

Suggested Improvements

Not so good MPG, steep maintenance cost, needs lots of maintenance