Used 2002 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

2002 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Leaky leaky
By unhappycamper

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great riding car and a looker, too. BUT: last year at 73000 miles I had to get oil pan gaskets replaced - $1300. Last month at 83,000 miles, the northstar has a leaky head gasket. That'll be another $1400 plus. Sad that such an expensive car develops problems so soon. I've driven Buick lesabres passed 160,000 miles with no such problems. This is my LAST Caddy.

Bells and whistles although the sensors in the wheels that monitor air pressure are a real pain - too sensitive

Try a new type engine - most folks I tak with say that Caddies are notorious for engine leaks.

Okay
By Keith

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is quite a machine, motor wise. The motor drinks oil but other than that it has never left me stranded. I have one that also shakes at over 60, and when you brake it shakes. I have driven it across the U.S a few time, once non-stop except gas for 34 hours. I drive it in Europe right now. It is slow next to the cars over here, but it's rare over here. I've saw one. The one place the dash going from English to metric actually helps.

North Star Motor. Body Style. Highway up to 33 MPG.

As low as 14 MPG in city. 93 octane on East coast and 91 on West. I've spent $1,200.00 on car and it still shakes.

sorriest car i have ever bought
By dlbeach 46

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car has been in shop at least once month sence i owned it. warrent out and stil having to put 300 to 500 every other month . sensors, water pump, coolent tank. starter,what else to go wrong

Never Again
By dwagamon

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchased a 2001 Deville and turned it in under the Lemon Law within 6 months (26 times in the shop). We purchased a 2002 replacement. This car was good for about 35,000 miles. Then it started using oil, had to replace 2 seat heaters, water pump, and two starters. Since then it has been one senor after another, cruise control module, two more starters, flywheel, ball joint, etc, etc. I will drive this until it stops to get my investment back, however I could never be compelled to purchase another Cadillac in this lifetime! Not worth the cost outlay or the frustration level. I have also learned Cadillac, as a company, is not concerned about its customers - horrendous experience!

On Star phone, heated seats

For a luxury car, the arm rest and cup holder in the back seat is extremely low quality. Seat heaters burn out quickly, engine uses oil after 35,000 miles, many - many sensor replacements, etc.

Best all around car I ever owned
By Charles Henry

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This my is my fifth Cadillac and is the best driving car I have ever owned . I get good mileage for the size. I have had numerous repairs but I enjoy the it handles and I plan to drive for several more years .

It`s paint job and style make stand out in any parking lot

It has more features than I need .