2002 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Great Value
By Hoss on 06/14/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DHS in May of 08 with 58K miles on it. The only issue I have had is to replace the a/c actuator and I knew that going in. My car list new for 50,000 and I bought it for $7500. If you shop around you can make some great buys. Most of my friends say "why the bigh car". Answer: Comfort, safty, and great fuel mileage. Just did a Round Trip to KC and back today, 317 miles. Got 26.3 at 70-75 mph.

caddys are not for rookies
By caddy daddy on 02/09/09 21:25 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my third cadillac and from my expierence, its all a roll of the dice! some are built to last with minimal repairs, and others will make you pull your hair out! routine maintenance plays a critical role of the life of your caddy, used caddys should be bought will eligible extended warranty, if buying used check gm inquiry report and that should tell you alot about your caddys reliablity. the car overall is great, i guess for me the third times a charm, ive paid my dues to cadillac, do your research, inspect your caddy daily, and keep up with routine maintenance.

Shake Rattle & Roll
By Burgundy & Gold on 07/22/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been one of the worst car experiences I have ever had. I love the way the car looks, but I cannot stand it when the accelerator begins to shake when I drive over 60 mph. It also shakes when I apply the brakes even though I have changed the brakes, rotors, tie rod ends, and numerous other things. Not to mention I have to take it to the dealership at least 3 or 4 times a year! It sucks! My next car will not be a Cadi. Too much work.

Excellant DHS
By robert armendariz on 02/11/08 14:14 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is in very good and excellant condition, have gotten a lot of good compliments on and very very nice to drive. Have gotten 25 mpg on hwy and approx. 18+ in the city. Dealer maintaince kept. Beautiful color (Cashmere)with chrome wheels, chrome fender guards and bottom chrome doors. OnStar equip. Full leather uphostery and heated seats.

So far so good
By Tommy from Jersey on 02/11/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased used from dealership. Car is in good condition was garage kept. Ride good fuel about 25 MPG Highway mostly. City about 15 . Always wanted a Caddy even though it is 6 yrs old with only 35,000 miles drives great.

Love the road
By livlyfwell1 on 09/23/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac DTS is a dependable car that is strong enough to caress any type of weather. There are enough sensors or more than enough to make you aware of whats going on with your car. I am satisfied enough to purchase the next one.

Satisfied Owner of a Black on Black Cadd
By Franklin Gerwe on 10/24/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is exceptional all the way around!. One problem area is A/C fan assembly. This car has had two replacements, one in 2003 and one in 2006. The module in the fan housing/assembly, that controls fan speed, fails without warning. The vehicle is garaged in Florida.

An OK Car, but Be Friends with the Shop
By Peter on 08/10/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for three years now. It has 75,000+ miles. The day after driving it home from the lot, the battery went dead. I was given a free replacement right in our driveway. That battery leaked and was recently replaced and they found a hole burned through the bottom of the car. They also replaced the passenger window motor because the rear window dropped. The motor is making noises now. Also, the seats get stained easily. The dash instruments are hard to see due to the glare. The good things are the comfortable seats, smooth ride, quiet engine, and how there is plenty of room and trunk space. This is not a performance car my any means.

Smooth As Silk
By CDR on 04/17/06 08:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the nicest ride around for the money. The power of the Northstar engine may surprise some people and the interior is as plush as it gets. It handles well for a car of its size. The monochrome paint job gives the car a sleek, sophisticated look. You can't go wrong with black on black.

2002 Cadillac, white diamond, tan top
By R Reiter on 11/25/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best car I have owned. It is my fourth Cadillac. My out of warranty expenses have been four new tires at 45,000 miles and an extensive check up at 60,000. My car currently has 63,000 miles on it. It has superior finish. The back up radar is very useful. I am trying to decide on how long to keep it. My friend has one with 125,000 miles on it and is happy.