Used 2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Out of lots of money
By people champ33

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive handles great for big car but have had so sink thousands of dollars into repairs in the shop every 3-4 months Northstar engine is crazy expensive to work on if needed. No doubt will never buy a dts again.

Favorite Features

roomy car interior design is elegant

Suggested Improvements

more reliable

Leaky leaky
By unhappycamper

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great riding car and a looker, too. BUT: last year at 73000 miles I had to get oil pan gaskets replaced - $1300. Last month at 83,000 miles, the northstar has a leaky head gasket. That'll be another $1400 plus. Sad that such an expensive car develops problems so soon. I've driven Buick lesabres passed 160,000 miles with no such problems. This is my LAST Caddy.

Favorite Features

Bells and whistles although the sensors in the wheels that monitor air pressure are a real pain - too sensitive

Suggested Improvements

Try a new type engine - most folks I tak with say that Caddies are notorious for engine leaks.

Im lovin'it
By shawano

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was a Buick man till I got the great deal on this used 2002 dts. Under $10K. Gripes: 1-power steering pump quit 3 months after purchase. 2- heating element in top 1/2 of driver's seat doesn't get warm enough. Other than that, I love it. ride is better than my old park avenue and lesabers. I accept the lower mileage as a trade-off for the comfort and great ride. Some portions on the instrument panel and nav system are hard to see if the sun is behind you though.

Favorite Features

Nav system, onstar, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressure warning system is a pain in the but - way too sensitive

Plush ride, needs service every 4 month
By Uwe & Wendy

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We got the car in April 2008 with 60k miles. My wife has a 70 miles commute every day, so we are putting a lot of milage on the vehicel. Plush ride, very comfortable. However, every 4 months or so there had been issues - mostly with the electronic. Every visit in the shop is at least $700. No wonder that you can by those used ones so dirt cheap - you need to invest $3,000 or more every year just to keep them running! Gas milage is about 19 MPG on premium gas (the poster who reported 30+ miles is clearly smoking something!) with a mix of city & highway.

Favorite Features

Leather, comfortable suspension, memory seats, huge trunk, cheap used sales price

Suggested Improvements

Not so good MPG, steep maintenance cost, needs lots of maintenance

Love the road
By livlyfwell1

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac DTS is a dependable car that is strong enough to caress any type of weather. There are enough sensors or more than enough to make you aware of whats going on with your car. I am satisfied enough to purchase the next one.

Favorite Features

I love the way the car handles

Suggested Improvements

I wasn't happy when my gps went out on a very rainy night. To my surprise there wasn't an electrical problem. probably fuses located behind the gps that were shorted. I had the feature with the combo dvd.