2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
sorriest car i have ever bought
By dlbeach 46 on 05/06/10 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car has been in shop at least once month sence i owned it. warrent out and stil having to put 300 to 500 every other month . sensors, water pump, coolent tank. starter,what else to go wrong

Never Again
By dwagamon on 03/23/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchased a 2001 Deville and turned it in under the Lemon Law within 6 months (26 times in the shop). We purchased a 2002 replacement. This car was good for about 35,000 miles. Then it started using oil, had to replace 2 seat heaters, water pump, and two starters. Since then it has been one senor after another, cruise control module, two more starters, flywheel, ball joint, etc, etc. I will drive this until it stops to get my investment back, however I could never be compelled to purchase another Cadillac in this lifetime! Not worth the cost outlay or the frustration level. I have also learned Cadillac, as a company, is not concerned about its customers - horrendous experience!

Best all around car I ever owned
By Charles Henry on 01/30/10 14:50 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This my is my fifth Cadillac and is the best driving car I have ever owned . I get good mileage for the size. I have had numerous repairs but I enjoy the it handles and I plan to drive for several more years .

Great Value
By Hoss on 06/14/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DHS in May of 08 with 58K miles on it. The only issue I have had is to replace the a/c actuator and I knew that going in. My car list new for 50,000 and I bought it for $7500. If you shop around you can make some great buys. Most of my friends say "why the bigh car". Answer: Comfort, safty, and great fuel mileage. Just did a Round Trip to KC and back today, 317 miles. Got 26.3 at 70-75 mph.

Excellant DHS
By robert armendariz on 02/11/08 14:14 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is in very good and excellant condition, have gotten a lot of good compliments on and very very nice to drive. Have gotten 25 mpg on hwy and approx. 18+ in the city. Dealer maintaince kept. Beautiful color (Cashmere)with chrome wheels, chrome fender guards and bottom chrome doors. OnStar equip. Full leather uphostery and heated seats.

Satisfied Owner of a Black on Black Cadd
By Franklin Gerwe on 10/24/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is exceptional all the way around!. One problem area is A/C fan assembly. This car has had two replacements, one in 2003 and one in 2006. The module in the fan housing/assembly, that controls fan speed, fails without warning. The vehicle is garaged in Florida.

Be careful of Cadillac Certified Vehicles
By Harry on 11/15/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fifth Cadillac and will probably be my last. It was supposed to be a Certified Pre Owned vehicle but within a week, it was in the shop for three weeks. They had to replace the dash and auto headlights (they are still broken). The traction control can not be turned off (they say it's a computer prob, but can't fix it), there is a pronounced vibration at over 60 mph (the shop says its a characteristic of the car and they can't fix it), and a host of other small problems. I bought the car because it was certified and am sorely disappointed. I always liked Cadillacs but their customer service, at least at my dealership, is horrible. They just don't seem to care one whit. They've sold the car now so to heck with the purchaser. Sad, ain't it.

Our Caddy is great
By John on 09/05/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has never given us any trouble, is great on the highway and is an economical car to drive and own. I use a synthetic motor oil and it really has help overall MPG. Good looking car, even when parked next to the Corvette that it share the house with. Dealership is a true 5-star. They have always been more than helpful with any questions or concerns.

First Caddy
By B. Drubin on 04/28/05 14:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Generally well pleased. Had one computer problem, but roadside (OnStar) was great & battery leakage, again roadside-(On-Star) was right on the ball, installed new battery, but this problem caused corosion under rear seat. Cadillac fixed this in one day.

Comfortable Over the Road Sedan
By FredB on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I used to have a Saab Convertible, back in the day, and no car was more fun to drive than that one. But my Caddy is probably the most comfortable, and safe feeling, car I have ever driven. If I keep my speed under 70, my highway mileage is 28-30 mpg, and I can't complain about that.