2002 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Out of lots of money
By people champ33 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive handles great for big car but have had so sink thousands of dollars into repairs in the shop every 3-4 months Northstar engine is crazy expensive to work on if needed. No doubt will never buy a dts again.

Leaky leaky
By unhappycamper on 08/19/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great riding car and a looker, too. BUT: last year at 73000 miles I had to get oil pan gaskets replaced - $1300. Last month at 83,000 miles, the northstar has a leaky head gasket. That'll be another $1400 plus. Sad that such an expensive car develops problems so soon. I've driven Buick lesabres passed 160,000 miles with no such problems. This is my LAST Caddy.

Im lovin'it
By shawano on 12/04/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was a Buick man till I got the great deal on this used 2002 dts. Under $10K. Gripes: 1-power steering pump quit 3 months after purchase. 2- heating element in top 1/2 of driver's seat doesn't get warm enough. Other than that, I love it. ride is better than my old park avenue and lesabers. I accept the lower mileage as a trade-off for the comfort and great ride. Some portions on the instrument panel and nav system are hard to see if the sun is behind you though.

Plush ride, needs service every 4 month
By Uwe & Wendy on 06/22/09 16:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We got the car in April 2008 with 60k miles. My wife has a 70 miles commute every day, so we are putting a lot of milage on the vehicel. Plush ride, very comfortable. However, every 4 months or so there had been issues - mostly with the electronic. Every visit in the shop is at least $700. No wonder that you can by those used ones so dirt cheap - you need to invest $3,000 or more every year just to keep them running! Gas milage is about 19 MPG on premium gas (the poster who reported 30+ miles is clearly smoking something!) with a mix of city & highway.

Love the road
By livlyfwell1 on 09/23/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac DTS is a dependable car that is strong enough to caress any type of weather. There are enough sensors or more than enough to make you aware of whats going on with your car. I am satisfied enough to purchase the next one.

Smooth As Silk
By CDR on 04/17/06 08:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the nicest ride around for the money. The power of the Northstar engine may surprise some people and the interior is as plush as it gets. It handles well for a car of its size. The monochrome paint job gives the car a sleek, sophisticated look. You can't go wrong with black on black.

Great Engine, Great Trip Car
By Will Bee on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A very reliable, comfortable, powerful car that is a good value compared to other luxury cars. It is hard to imagine a better car for a medium or long trip. Lots of comfort features for driver and passengers that make a difference. The combination of Stabilitrack and the Northstar engine make for very good handling and performance. One silly but serious annoyance: Terrible cup holders!!

Excellent ride
By wscott on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have 48000 miles on my DTS in 2 years. Have had no problems, except for a broken lumbar switch on passenger seat. We have taken several long trips in the car, and it is ery comfortable and really performs. Absolutely love the Onstar system. It has been very helpful several times.

Will it ever stop breaking ???
By mcgyver64 on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my DTS for 7-1/2 months now and although its alot of fun to drive and very comfortable the reliability has been horrible. It has been back to the dealer for 9 different warranty issues and 1 recall so far. Everything from suspension problems to moon roof leaking. The dealer is taking care of the problems as they arise but things are breaking faster than they can fix them. GM needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. There's more to it than glitz and glitter.

A bittersweet experience
By Straightpipe on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having the worst experience of my life with Classic Cadillac which was only exceeded by Bill Green a manager at Cadillac Customer No Service who told me "I report to no one". To me the new DTS lacks some features that have been lost since my 92 Deville was built such as good quality working visors, seats that cradle the body and a more comfortable road ride. I also miss the exterior light monitors and the automatic pull down trunk. The $2K Onstar system which I did not order is a joke. The 92 feels considerably more responsive and powerful than the DTS. The DTS also seems to have less rear leg room and trunk space than my 92.