Used 2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

sorriest car i have ever bought
By dlbeach 46

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this car has been in shop at least once month sence i owned it. warrent out and stil having to put 300 to 500 every other month . sensors, water pump, coolent tank. starter,what else to go wrong

Never Again
By dwagamon

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchased a 2001 Deville and turned it in under the Lemon Law within 6 months (26 times in the shop). We purchased a 2002 replacement. This car was good for about 35,000 miles. Then it started using oil, had to replace 2 seat heaters, water pump, and two starters. Since then it has been one senor after another, cruise control module, two more starters, flywheel, ball joint, etc, etc. I will drive this until it stops to get my investment back, however I could never be compelled to purchase another Cadillac in this lifetime! Not worth the cost outlay or the frustration level. I have also learned Cadillac, as a company, is not concerned about its customers - horrendous experience!

Favorite Features

On Star phone, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

For a luxury car, the arm rest and cup holder in the back seat is extremely low quality. Seat heaters burn out quickly, engine uses oil after 35,000 miles, many - many sensor replacements, etc.

Best all around car I ever owned
By Charles Henry

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This my is my fifth Cadillac and is the best driving car I have ever owned . I get good mileage for the size. I have had numerous repairs but I enjoy the it handles and I plan to drive for several more years .

Favorite Features

It`s paint job and style make stand out in any parking lot

Suggested Improvements

It has more features than I need .

Great Value
By Hoss

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DHS in May of 08 with 58K miles on it. The only issue I have had is to replace the a/c actuator and I knew that going in. My car list new for 50,000 and I bought it for $7500. If you shop around you can make some great buys. Most of my friends say "why the bigh car". Answer: Comfort, safty, and great fuel mileage. Just did a Round Trip to KC and back today, 317 miles. Got 26.3 at 70-75 mph.

Favorite Features

Comfort/build quality/ease of driving/safty of large car.

Suggested Improvements

Actuator is a problem which should not happen in a car of this price.

Excellant DHS
By robert armendariz

2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is in very good and excellant condition, have gotten a lot of good compliments on and very very nice to drive. Have gotten 25 mpg on hwy and approx. 18+ in the city. Dealer maintaince kept. Beautiful color (Cashmere)with chrome wheels, chrome fender guards and bottom chrome doors. OnStar equip. Full leather uphostery and heated seats.

Favorite Features

Looks!

Suggested Improvements

None