2002 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Still a great car
By Jerry K. on 08/25/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our '02 Deville for my wife to replace her Chrysler 300M. It was bought used with 24K miles and we now have 94K on it. We have had all four bearings/hubs replaced, rear shocks, pass. window switch, one tie rod end and the pwr. strg. hose has a slight leak. Otherwise, it has been an excellent drive, smooth but have had the slight front end vibration above 60 MPH as commented by others. Four new Yokohama tires virtually eliminated it. Some of the dash switch lights have gone out but due to the permanent bulb design in the circuit boards, the bulbs simply cannot be replaced without a soldering iron. Engine/transmission are flawless. It uses a qt. of oil every 2000 miles.

Okay
By Keith on 07/25/10 06:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is quite a machine, motor wise. The motor drinks oil but other than that it has never left me stranded. I have one that also shakes at over 60, and when you brake it shakes. I have driven it across the U.S a few time, once non-stop except gas for 34 hours. I drive it in Europe right now. It is slow next to the cars over here, but it's rare over here. I've saw one. The one place the dash going from English to metric actually helps.

caddys are not for rookies
By caddy daddy on 02/09/09 21:25 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my third cadillac and from my expierence, its all a roll of the dice! some are built to last with minimal repairs, and others will make you pull your hair out! routine maintenance plays a critical role of the life of your caddy, used caddys should be bought will eligible extended warranty, if buying used check gm inquiry report and that should tell you alot about your caddys reliablity. the car overall is great, i guess for me the third times a charm, ive paid my dues to cadillac, do your research, inspect your caddy daily, and keep up with routine maintenance.

Shake Rattle & Roll
By Burgundy & Gold on 07/22/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been one of the worst car experiences I have ever had. I love the way the car looks, but I cannot stand it when the accelerator begins to shake when I drive over 60 mph. It also shakes when I apply the brakes even though I have changed the brakes, rotors, tie rod ends, and numerous other things. Not to mention I have to take it to the dealership at least 3 or 4 times a year! It sucks! My next car will not be a Cadi. Too much work.

So far so good
By Tommy from Jersey on 02/11/08 14:05 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased used from dealership. Car is in good condition was garage kept. Ride good fuel about 25 MPG Highway mostly. City about 15 . Always wanted a Caddy even though it is 6 yrs old with only 35,000 miles drives great.

An OK Car, but Be Friends with the Shop
By Peter on 08/10/06 10:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for three years now. It has 75,000+ miles. The day after driving it home from the lot, the battery went dead. I was given a free replacement right in our driveway. That battery leaked and was recently replaced and they found a hole burned through the bottom of the car. They also replaced the passenger window motor because the rear window dropped. The motor is making noises now. Also, the seats get stained easily. The dash instruments are hard to see due to the glare. The good things are the comfortable seats, smooth ride, quiet engine, and how there is plenty of room and trunk space. This is not a performance car my any means.

2002 Cadillac, white diamond, tan top
By R Reiter on 11/25/05 13:28 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best car I have owned. It is my fourth Cadillac. My out of warranty expenses have been four new tires at 45,000 miles and an extensive check up at 60,000. My car currently has 63,000 miles on it. It has superior finish. The back up radar is very useful. I am trying to decide on how long to keep it. My friend has one with 125,000 miles on it and is happy.

Loyal Cadillac Buyer
By cadillackid on 11/09/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am probably the youngest DeVille owner and a 5'2" female, but I love my Cadillac DeVille! I have it really decorated nicely. I added more chrome to it. It is a really sharp car. Strangers ride up on me all the time and say "nice ride". I have friends that have Mercedes and BMWs and I leave them all cowering in the corner when I pull up in my platinum Caddy. They say my car is better than theirs. And I say, "I know"!

Standard DeVille
By Kevin Kos on 09/10/05 20:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The STD or standard model has 275 hp and flies! The DTS -Deville Touring Sedan and the DHS - Deville High Luxury Sedan have 300 hp, and the only difference I can see is the standard has the hood ornament on the hood, while the DTS & DHS models put it on the grill for a sportier look.

What a Ride!
By Mike on 08/20/05 00:48 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 DeVille STD Sedan on E-Bay used. What a deal! The car is extremely smooth. I'm always finding an excuse to dive the Cadillac over my other cars. It's just a fun ride! No problems thus far. Luxury at a fraction of the cost. There are advantages to American cars that don't hold their value despite being built just as well as those German and Japanese cars...They are much cheaper used!