factory reject?
By tatezuki on
2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
The Caddy looked good. It's supposed to, it's a Caddy. It sat way too low to the ground. I would have to drive very very slowly over speed humps so I wouldn't rip anything off. My mechanic said it would cost over $800 to replace. It somehow loses a quart of oil a month. Catalytic converter.....almost $500 to replace. A "fresh air" unit? ........... needed to pass emissions, over $400. I bought it with $56k miles. It now has 103k. Now the front end shakes when I drive over 40 mph. The fuel gauge NEVER worked. I bought it three years ago with 56k miles on it. It has 103k now.
Favorite Features
It looked good.
Suggested Improvements
I used to drive a Buick Park Avenue. The seats were much more comfortable. Fix the oil loss problem. Fix the fuel gauge. On the steering wheel make it so you can swith from cd player to radio and on the radio from am to fm1 and fm2. Right now you can only change the channels on the radio and you have to reach down to the console to change from cd to radio to cassette. Put more speakers in it. I blew out the ONE in back.