Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2001 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

To Caddy or Not to Caddy
By koole

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DeVille is a great looking car. It has abundant features. I wish it had cooled seats like '04 and newer models though. It also has a nice clean interior setup, everything is easily within driver's reach.

Favorite Features

The Bose stereo sounds great. It has the best looking gauges that I have seen in any car.

Suggested Improvements

After 40,000 miles and the water pump went. this is the the same problem as when the Northstars first came out in 1996. You would figure by now, they would work that out. The radio / temp settings bezel should be better anchored and not plastic. It makes the center of dash appear cheap.

Third Cadillac
By PhantomCadillac

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little over a month. I have put 4,000 miles on it. The ride is excellent. The nav system needs a way to update. The night vision is ok but not really needed. Back up sensors are a really nice touch. The rain sensors are a nice added touch. One problem already is the seloniod in the transmission has gone bad and it will cost about $2,000 to fix. This is my third Cadillac and I have enjoyed everyone of them.

Favorite Features

The memory seats, ride, back up sensors, and Bose stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Give it an updatable Nav system and make the cat easier to work on.

The Best Cadillac Model I've Ever Driven
By James Henderson

2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DeVille DHS in February and so far it has been the best car purchased I've made. I've owned over five Cadillac's, all of them have been great cars but the DHS is the absolute best. The smooth handling, climate control, a/c, OnStar, and the memory seats stole my heart. I hope to keep this car for a very long time.

Favorite Features

The messaging front seats and the ablity to switch to digital for the speed are wonders to have.

Suggested Improvements

None

Happy Owner
By Frank Byron

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2001 Cadillac DeVille is one of the nicest cars I have owned. It is comfortable, stylish and safe. Its fuel economy is great for a large car. I can get 29 mpg on the highway.

Favorite Features

The steering wheel controls, heated seats...only used several times, OnStar, multi-disc CD changer, and Northstar engine.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the 3 note horn, the trunk pulldown (closer), and auto headlight dimmers on base model. Also, rear sunshades should be available on all Cadillacs as well as air cooled seats.

Love my Car!
By Shannon

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I feel that Cadillac hit a home run with this car! I took it cross country last summer and it felt like a brand new car. It just holds up so well. I would recomend this car to anyone and at an average of 23 mpg how can you go wrong?

Favorite Features

The digital dash and heat and air controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

They could make easier to use sunvisors.