2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Great Big Car
By yehumikael on 10/24/05 21:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Cadillac, and I love it. The exterior styling is very unique and aggressive. This car exudes quality, and is smooth. It also gets great gas mileage considering its size and engine. I am also pleased with the comfort and interior design of this vehicle, and could drive it for hundreds of miles and not get tired.

A Class Action Suit Waiting to Happen
By Bill on 09/13/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If any one trys to sell you a Certified Used Cadillac with a Northstar engine - run! Since I have owned my DeVille I have found out that the engine uses oil to the extent of a quart every 1,700 miles and is viewed by GM as NORMAL according to their service bulletins. Therefore, no attempt to correct problem. In addition, I have had two coolant leaks, an engine mount replaced, an electronic control module replaced, both wheel hubs and front bearings replaced, a trunk seal replaced, and the list goes on. Now I undertstand why I got a bumper to bumper extended warranty to 100,000 miles as a certified used car. Unfortunately, it still isn't enough.

Love my DTS!
By Teresa on 08/16/05 00:42 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have always had Cadillac Sevilles, this is my 1st DeVille. I love the interior of the DTS it reminds me of the Seville.

It's a great car
By dot driggers on 08/07/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with this car. I am a widow who is very mechanically illiterate and I have had no trouble or worry with it. If I do not keep it, I will get another Cadillac. It is very comfortable and the interior is particularly nice I think. I like the "extra" gadgets it has, like the information panel.

Love it!
By lcastleton on 08/01/05 08:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After three prior DeVilles, all basic, the DHS was a very, very pleasant surprise. I should not have deprived myself of the luxury package. It has made me even more of a DeVille lover. I worry about the 06 DTS, since I love a bench seat in the front. Don't even want to trade this one!

Electronic Lemons
By tom on 12/28/04 16:08 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've put almost 100,000 highway miles on my 2001 Cadillac Deville and while it rides very well and is a good highway car, it is very unreliable. Yesterday for the umpteenth time I bought $2,000 worth of electronic sensor repairs. I've spent almost $10,000 in cash in the last 18 months making repairs including a complete new air conditioning system and a new exhaust system (do to a failed catalytic converter). My 35 years as a GM man are over. I'm going to buy Japanese.

ONE of the Best I've Owned
By Davidscadillac on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had car going on 4yrs. It is one of the best cars I have owned. Comfortable, great accessories, pretty good hwy mileage. Overall just a great car.

My Caddy
By mikie1 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Deville used with 29,000 miles. I have since driven it another 30,000 miles. The car has been relatively trouble free, and has performed well. It is an exteremly comfortable car with a great ride. I would buy another.

Superb Caddy
By SLF on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is truly my first Cadillac and I'm in love with it.In fact I want to drive it all the time.For a car it's size,it has an incredible smoothness and a very quiet engine.Not to mention the speed. It can kick like a sports car effortless.You talk about comfort,there is nothing like it.The high tech features are awesome with very easy controls.I'm amazed at how spacious it is-leg and trunk room.I get lots of compliments about the style which is eye catching.A very classy car with style and elegance.I can go on and on because its'a great car.

My Dream Car
By lcastleton on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Deville -- an 89 (250,000 miles before trade), 92 (170,000 miles), 2002 (yep, I bought it, then it was totalled in a read end accident, and I was told - and believe - that if it hadn't been a Caddy, my wife and both would have been dead!), and then, to replace it I found this DHS 2001, with fewer miles than the 2002. I've had four of them, and I wouldn't go back to the base model, although I loved them all. The luxury features in this DHS make far more difference than I ever thought they would.