2001 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Comfortable but poor quality
By David L. on 04/23/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks and drives good. It's so quiet and smooth that you have to be careful not to fall asleep on long trips. Quality is another story... Engine started burning oil at the rate of 1 quart every 400 miles. Thank heaven I got the extended warranty! Dealer rebuilt the motor, new pistons and rings, $5600.00 and 3 days in the shop. This car had something break every month. All 4 power window regulators broke, 3 fixes on the brake lights, torque converter problems, stability control warnings, too many things to list here. I recently traded it in because the warranty was about to expire, which had a $100 deductible for each occurrence. Quality was crappy at best. car had less than 70k mi

Catalytic converter
By PATRICIA CRAFFEY on 04/22/08 04:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a nightmare. Since I owned it from 2001 I have replace cat converter and now replacing a third one broke down in ct had to find a dealer to be towed to broke down in NH and had to find a dealer to be towed to. First one I was near a dealer in ma. I have to keep checking the oil because it uses a lot. Dealer said this is "normal" I have a 1995 Cadillac and it runs real smooth. Do not think I will buy another Cadillac. Maybe go to the foreign car even though I said "never". Goodbye to Detroit.

Caddy Deville......Last of the Boats
By Dom on 02/25/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac Deville is fast becoming one of the last boat Caddy cars ever being made. The new ones have all the bells and whistles but they no longer have that long slick boat length look to them like the old Cadillacs have and that's a shame. I love this car and I just purchased it with over 114,000 miles on the odmeter!

Over rated over priced
By W J TX on 10/07/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks great however driving it I notice poor rear visibility for backing and parking. The powerful engine is a bit too much for a FWD car, full throttle at 30 mph is a bit risky since the car darts in one direction or the other depending on the road. Replaced both hubs, no help. The fuel consumption is high in city driving acceptable on the open road though. This engine is an oil hog about a qt. every 1000 miles which GM says is normal for the Northstar, explains the 7.5 qt. crankcase. Transmission oil life sensor does not work. Plastic in and out is poor quality, dash pad warping, fender liners crack just from stones on the road. Had a rented 2007 for a month was no better.

Maintenance nightmare
By Dan on 08/05/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd new Cadillac and although I love it, it is not a quality car. It will use a quart of oil every 1500 miles. I have replaced steering rack, steering shaft, left and right hub, water pump, motor mount, water pump cover, lower crank case sensor, all 4 rotors.

To Caddy or Not to Caddy
By koole on 02/19/07 07:27 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DeVille is a great looking car. It has abundant features. I wish it had cooled seats like '04 and newer models though. It also has a nice clean interior setup, everything is easily within driver's reach.

Third Cadillac
By PhantomCadillac on 10/24/06 06:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little over a month. I have put 4,000 miles on it. The ride is excellent. The nav system needs a way to update. The night vision is ok but not really needed. Back up sensors are a really nice touch. The rain sensors are a nice added touch. One problem already is the seloniod in the transmission has gone bad and it will cost about $2,000 to fix. This is my third Cadillac and I have enjoyed everyone of them.

The Best Cadillac Model I've Ever Driven
By James Henderson on 07/12/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DeVille DHS in February and so far it has been the best car purchased I've made. I've owned over five Cadillac's, all of them have been great cars but the DHS is the absolute best. The smooth handling, climate control, a/c, OnStar, and the memory seats stole my heart. I hope to keep this car for a very long time.

Happy Owner
By Frank Byron on 07/05/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2001 Cadillac DeVille is one of the nicest cars I have owned. It is comfortable, stylish and safe. Its fuel economy is great for a large car. I can get 29 mpg on the highway.

Love my Car!
By Shannon on 01/22/06 23:34 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I feel that Cadillac hit a home run with this car! I took it cross country last summer and it felt like a brand new car. It just holds up so well. I would recomend this car to anyone and at an average of 23 mpg how can you go wrong?