Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Most Unreliable Car I've Owned
By EX-GM Fan

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago with 69,000 miles and drive it enough to use one gas tank a week. It's looks/comfort are up there with Mercedes, but I have owned many different cars and this car is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned. In the past year I have had all the window motors/regulators replaced, one engine mount was cracked in half, all new brake pads a few months ago and now they squeak all the time. The dealership said it is a common problem though even though there is life left on the pads. The tire pressure sensors are all broken, the transmission fluid sensor is broken, coolant sensor is broken, and the heated front drivers seat is broken...HONDA HERE I COME!

Car is equal to Mercedes on looks, ride comfort, and features. I would never sell this car if it didn't break apart as it has just from going to work and back home. It would be worth the bad gas mileage even if the car was reliable. I am DONE with GM. Caddy, Bonneville, Camaro. All 3 were the same.

My First Car "What a Beauty"
By ElCubanazo429

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car my family has had it since we bought it in 2004. About a week ago my parents gave it to me with 55,000 miles and it drives great. My experience with this car mechanically has been great no problems have appeared. Beautiful car, power, and workmanship. Great Job Cadillac! P.S. For me those foreign cars are no good, American muscle for me. God Bless

The engine, interior, tail lamps and tail pipes

the engine could not eat the quart of oil that it does but that is no biggie

Cadillac Lover
By Timothy Wheeler

2001 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad bought me this Cadillac DeVille last year as my first car. I had wanted one since I was 6 years old. we bought the car and the very next day a radiator fan motor bearing went out, it cost almost $700 dollars to fix. since then I have heard popping sounds in the steering and it has stalled twice. the car has 44000 miles on it. I would still recommend buying a car like this, because the comfort and looks outweigh the problems. Its a great car

room, I love the Titanic like handling.everything is easy to reach and it is so quiet. love the air ride suspension.

Use better quality parts so the car can be used and not looked at.

Build quality
By JJ

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 51,000 miles. It is a beautiful fun to drive car. However, this car has many repair problems, i.e., oil leaks, steering problems, I have had many sensors replaced, both front hubs, both cv joints, water pump,a/c compressor and too many other repairs to mentions. I feel a vehicle with only 90000 miles should not have had that many repairs. I have a 93 Honda Accord with 220,000 miles and I can count the repairs I have made on it.

Great ride and body style. I just love the body style.

I assume GM has corrected the oil leak situation in their later models. Put out an upgrade to the older onstar system so we may use onstar.

Great Car
By Jim

2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used last year with 52K miles. I was able to transfer the extended warranty to my name and got 6 months worth of coverage. The car has been worry free. The only things I've done are oil changes, replacement of the original tires at 55K miles, wheel alignment and 60K maintenance service. I would have never imagined myself driving a Cadillac, but this car is fantastic, esp. 28 MPG on the highways. It does like oil, but the car display tells you when to add it and the dealer told me this is typical of Cadillacs and GMs in general.

Massaging seats - that's what sold me, rear window screens, power and great gas mileage.

I should have looked harder for a car with the sun roof.