Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A MONEY PIT, THIS IS YOUR CAR
By colorado0956

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars during my life, but this car is by far the worst car I've ever owned. It is nothing more than a money pit. It had less than 20K mi when I bought it in '05. I've put less than 30K mi on the car since owning it. In that time, I've spent $5700 in repairs. That is awful for a car that has fewer than 60K miles on it. In the 5 yrs I've owned the car, it has cost me $1100/annually in repairs. That's pathetic. Those repairs consist of complete axle work, brakes, rotors & shocks, new transmission w/ all 4 motor mounts, new starter, window problems & many more problems, not to mention that it drinks oil. I got rid of that pc of junk & bought a Honda! No more GM for me. No Thanks!

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to drasticaly improve dependability/reliability commensurate with the price you pay for a Cadillac. They should take lessons from the foreign car makers when it comes to.......quality!

Great Car
By Jim

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used last year with 52K miles. I was able to transfer the extended warranty to my name and got 6 months worth of coverage. The car has been worry free. The only things I've done are oil changes, replacement of the original tires at 55K miles, wheel alignment and 60K maintenance service. I would have never imagined myself driving a Cadillac, but this car is fantastic, esp. 28 MPG on the highways. It does like oil, but the car display tells you when to add it and the dealer told me this is typical of Cadillacs and GMs in general.

Favorite Features

Massaging seats - that's what sold me, rear window screens, power and great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

I should have looked harder for a car with the sun roof.

The Best Cadillac Model I've Ever Driven
By James Henderson

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DeVille DHS in February and so far it has been the best car purchased I've made. I've owned over five Cadillac's, all of them have been great cars but the DHS is the absolute best. The smooth handling, climate control, a/c, OnStar, and the memory seats stole my heart. I hope to keep this car for a very long time.

Favorite Features

The messaging front seats and the ablity to switch to digital for the speed are wonders to have.

Suggested Improvements

None

It's a great car
By dot driggers

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with this car. I am a widow who is very mechanically illiterate and I have had no trouble or worry with it. If I do not keep it, I will get another Cadillac. It is very comfortable and the interior is particularly nice I think. I like the "extra" gadgets it has, like the information panel.

Favorite Features

It drives so smoothly and rides so evenly and keeps me relaxed enough not to arrive exhausted at wherever I am going.

Suggested Improvements

none

Love it!
By lcastleton

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After three prior DeVilles, all basic, the DHS was a very, very pleasant surprise. I should not have deprived myself of the luxury package. It has made me even more of a DeVille lover. I worry about the 06 DTS, since I love a bench seat in the front. Don't even want to trade this one!