2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A MONEY PIT, THIS IS YOUR CAR
By colorado0956 on 06/04/11 17:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars during my life, but this car is by far the worst car I've ever owned. It is nothing more than a money pit. It had less than 20K mi when I bought it in '05. I've put less than 30K mi on the car since owning it. In that time, I've spent $5700 in repairs. That is awful for a car that has fewer than 60K miles on it. In the 5 yrs I've owned the car, it has cost me $1100/annually in repairs. That's pathetic. Those repairs consist of complete axle work, brakes, rotors & shocks, new transmission w/ all 4 motor mounts, new starter, window problems & many more problems, not to mention that it drinks oil. I got rid of that pc of junk & bought a Honda! No more GM for me. No Thanks!

Great Car
By Jim on 05/13/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used last year with 52K miles. I was able to transfer the extended warranty to my name and got 6 months worth of coverage. The car has been worry free. The only things I've done are oil changes, replacement of the original tires at 55K miles, wheel alignment and 60K maintenance service. I would have never imagined myself driving a Cadillac, but this car is fantastic, esp. 28 MPG on the highways. It does like oil, but the car display tells you when to add it and the dealer told me this is typical of Cadillacs and GMs in general.

The Best Cadillac Model I've Ever Driven
By James Henderson on 07/12/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my DeVille DHS in February and so far it has been the best car purchased I've made. I've owned over five Cadillac's, all of them have been great cars but the DHS is the absolute best. The smooth handling, climate control, a/c, OnStar, and the memory seats stole my heart. I hope to keep this car for a very long time.

It's a great car
By dot driggers on 08/07/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with this car. I am a widow who is very mechanically illiterate and I have had no trouble or worry with it. If I do not keep it, I will get another Cadillac. It is very comfortable and the interior is particularly nice I think. I like the "extra" gadgets it has, like the information panel.

Love it!
By lcastleton on 08/01/05 08:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After three prior DeVilles, all basic, the DHS was a very, very pleasant surprise. I should not have deprived myself of the luxury package. It has made me even more of a DeVille lover. I worry about the 06 DTS, since I love a bench seat in the front. Don't even want to trade this one!

My Dream Car
By lcastleton on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Deville -- an 89 (250,000 miles before trade), 92 (170,000 miles), 2002 (yep, I bought it, then it was totalled in a read end accident, and I was told - and believe - that if it hadn't been a Caddy, my wife and both would have been dead!), and then, to replace it I found this DHS 2001, with fewer miles than the 2002. I've had four of them, and I wouldn't go back to the base model, although I loved them all. The luxury features in this DHS make far more difference than I ever thought they would.

Excellent car
By PBsr on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great step up from previous car which was a Park Avenue Ultra. Miliage for a car of this weight and power is outstanding 19 city and 27 highway.

The whole Picture
By DHS on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have read the reviews above and could actually in a lot of way agree with each and everyone of them. But now its my turn to defend one of Americas last Icons. This car isnt a Lexus its a cadillac with its own merits, still a good ride on the highway, very comfortable. Thats why people drive these cars great highway monsters. As far as dependablity goes I have never had any problems. Now as far as Lexus goes there service drives are very busy so if they are all that why are they always in the shop????????

George Warren
By GeorgeWarren on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

auto after one year of driving (8448 miles)is in excellent shape,will be going on a 6000+ mile trip. Will know better at the end of trip-end of June