2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
factory reject?
By tatezuki on 07/31/11 13:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Caddy looked good. It's supposed to, it's a Caddy. It sat way too low to the ground. I would have to drive very very slowly over speed humps so I wouldn't rip anything off. My mechanic said it would cost over $800 to replace. It somehow loses a quart of oil a month. Catalytic converter.....almost $500 to replace. A "fresh air" unit? ........... needed to pass emissions, over $400. I bought it with $56k miles. It now has 103k. Now the front end shakes when I drive over 40 mph. The fuel gauge NEVER worked. I bought it three years ago with 56k miles on it. It has 103k now.

Caddy Deville
By Christian on 02/07/10 12:31 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 Cadillac Deville (Base Sedan) in 2004 with 9,000 miles on it. It was purchased from a prominent local dealer, and it looked new, smelled new, and drove new the day I drove it off the lot for a total price of $25,000 including the 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty. The car drove like a dream for the first 3 years, and was overall “problem free” as for the 4th year on, it has been extremely time consuming costly in order to keep it running sufficiently and looking good. The extended warranty on the vehicle recently ended in July. The company was exceptional. From the year 2004 to 2009 the warranty spent over $10,000 in repairs for this car

All That Glitters Is Not A Gold Cadillac
By Vincent Roane on 01/02/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First let me say that I have always admired Cadillacs since I was a little boy. All 4 of my uncles owned a Cadillac at one time or another. A beautiful car to drive and be admired in. However, repairs can be expensive for a domestic car. I strongly suggest purchasing an extended warranty immediately. It burns alot of oil. And takes 8qts to do an oil change. Which the dealers all say is normal. At 100,000 the selonoid transmission started to go bad. And the oh so dreaded sensor modules always tend to fail on all cadillacs at some point which costs between $500-$800. Other than all of that. It's a beautiful car to drive and look at, but no fun to repair. Keep $500 on hand at all times.

My First Car "What a Beauty"
By ElCubanazo429 on 09/19/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car my family has had it since we bought it in 2004. About a week ago my parents gave it to me with 55,000 miles and it drives great. My experience with this car mechanically has been great no problems have appeared. Beautiful car, power, and workmanship. Great Job Cadillac! P.S. For me those foreign cars are no good, American muscle for me. God Bless

Cadillac Lover
By Timothy Wheeler on 09/09/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad bought me this Cadillac DeVille last year as my first car. I had wanted one since I was 6 years old. we bought the car and the very next day a radiator fan motor bearing went out, it cost almost $700 dollars to fix. since then I have heard popping sounds in the steering and it has stalled twice. the car has 44000 miles on it. I would still recommend buying a car like this, because the comfort and looks outweigh the problems. Its a great car

Comfortable but poor quality
By David L. on 04/23/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks and drives good. It's so quiet and smooth that you have to be careful not to fall asleep on long trips. Quality is another story... Engine started burning oil at the rate of 1 quart every 400 miles. Thank heaven I got the extended warranty! Dealer rebuilt the motor, new pistons and rings, $5600.00 and 3 days in the shop. This car had something break every month. All 4 power window regulators broke, 3 fixes on the brake lights, torque converter problems, stability control warnings, too many things to list here. I recently traded it in because the warranty was about to expire, which had a $100 deductible for each occurrence. Quality was crappy at best. car had less than 70k mi

Catalytic converter
By PATRICIA CRAFFEY on 04/22/08 04:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a nightmare. Since I owned it from 2001 I have replace cat converter and now replacing a third one broke down in ct had to find a dealer to be towed to broke down in NH and had to find a dealer to be towed to. First one I was near a dealer in ma. I have to keep checking the oil because it uses a lot. Dealer said this is "normal" I have a 1995 Cadillac and it runs real smooth. Do not think I will buy another Cadillac. Maybe go to the foreign car even though I said "never". Goodbye to Detroit.

Caddy Deville......Last of the Boats
By Dom on 02/25/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac Deville is fast becoming one of the last boat Caddy cars ever being made. The new ones have all the bells and whistles but they no longer have that long slick boat length look to them like the old Cadillacs have and that's a shame. I love this car and I just purchased it with over 114,000 miles on the odmeter!

Over rated over priced
By W J TX on 10/07/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks great however driving it I notice poor rear visibility for backing and parking. The powerful engine is a bit too much for a FWD car, full throttle at 30 mph is a bit risky since the car darts in one direction or the other depending on the road. Replaced both hubs, no help. The fuel consumption is high in city driving acceptable on the open road though. This engine is an oil hog about a qt. every 1000 miles which GM says is normal for the Northstar, explains the 7.5 qt. crankcase. Transmission oil life sensor does not work. Plastic in and out is poor quality, dash pad warping, fender liners crack just from stones on the road. Had a rented 2007 for a month was no better.

Maintenance nightmare
By Dan on 08/05/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd new Cadillac and although I love it, it is not a quality car. It will use a quart of oil every 1500 miles. I have replaced steering rack, steering shaft, left and right hub, water pump, motor mount, water pump cover, lower crank case sensor, all 4 rotors.