2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Best cars ive owned
By cadiman95 on 10/29/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad just bought me this car it is very pretty i love it best car ive driven. The performance of this car is amazing for a car that weighs almost 5000 pounds it can beat any car off the line and in a race. All of my cadillacs have made it to 200000 miles without any problems. When you buy cadillacs look for the R sticker under the hood if it has that then it weill last you as long as you want. The girls also love it. I raced my friend who had a 2008 infiniti m35x and he was amazed at how fast this car is. It is so comfortable but at the same time fun to drive. no japanese car can match this car. I love cadillacs and will own one for as long as i live you really need to buy and own one.

factory reject?
By tatezuki on 07/31/11 13:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Caddy looked good. It's supposed to, it's a Caddy. It sat way too low to the ground. I would have to drive very very slowly over speed humps so I wouldn't rip anything off. My mechanic said it would cost over $800 to replace. It somehow loses a quart of oil a month. Catalytic converter.....almost $500 to replace. A "fresh air" unit? ........... needed to pass emissions, over $400. I bought it with $56k miles. It now has 103k. Now the front end shakes when I drive over 40 mph. The fuel gauge NEVER worked. I bought it three years ago with 56k miles on it. It has 103k now.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A MONEY PIT, THIS IS YOUR CAR
By colorado0956 on 06/04/11 17:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars during my life, but this car is by far the worst car I've ever owned. It is nothing more than a money pit. It had less than 20K mi when I bought it in '05. I've put less than 30K mi on the car since owning it. In that time, I've spent $5700 in repairs. That is awful for a car that has fewer than 60K miles on it. In the 5 yrs I've owned the car, it has cost me $1100/annually in repairs. That's pathetic. Those repairs consist of complete axle work, brakes, rotors & shocks, new transmission w/ all 4 motor mounts, new starter, window problems & many more problems, not to mention that it drinks oil. I got rid of that pc of junk & bought a Honda! No more GM for me. No Thanks!

Caddy Deville
By Christian on 02/07/10 12:31 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 Cadillac Deville (Base Sedan) in 2004 with 9,000 miles on it. It was purchased from a prominent local dealer, and it looked new, smelled new, and drove new the day I drove it off the lot for a total price of $25,000 including the 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty. The car drove like a dream for the first 3 years, and was overall “problem free” as for the 4th year on, it has been extremely time consuming costly in order to keep it running sufficiently and looking good. The extended warranty on the vehicle recently ended in July. The company was exceptional. From the year 2004 to 2009 the warranty spent over $10,000 in repairs for this car

All That Glitters Is Not A Gold Cadillac
By Vincent Roane on 01/02/10 13:46 PM (PST)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First let me say that I have always admired Cadillacs since I was a little boy. All 4 of my uncles owned a Cadillac at one time or another. A beautiful car to drive and be admired in. However, repairs can be expensive for a domestic car. I strongly suggest purchasing an extended warranty immediately. It burns alot of oil. And takes 8qts to do an oil change. Which the dealers all say is normal. At 100,000 the selonoid transmission started to go bad. And the oh so dreaded sensor modules always tend to fail on all cadillacs at some point which costs between $500-$800. Other than all of that. It's a beautiful car to drive and look at, but no fun to repair. Keep $500 on hand at all times.

Most Unreliable Car I've Owned
By EX-GM Fan on 08/25/09 16:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago with 69,000 miles and drive it enough to use one gas tank a week. It's looks/comfort are up there with Mercedes, but I have owned many different cars and this car is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned. In the past year I have had all the window motors/regulators replaced, one engine mount was cracked in half, all new brake pads a few months ago and now they squeak all the time. The dealership said it is a common problem though even though there is life left on the pads. The tire pressure sensors are all broken, the transmission fluid sensor is broken, coolant sensor is broken, and the heated front drivers seat is broken...HONDA HERE I COME!

My First Car "What a Beauty"
By ElCubanazo429 on 09/19/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car my family has had it since we bought it in 2004. About a week ago my parents gave it to me with 55,000 miles and it drives great. My experience with this car mechanically has been great no problems have appeared. Beautiful car, power, and workmanship. Great Job Cadillac! P.S. For me those foreign cars are no good, American muscle for me. God Bless

Cadillac Lover
By Timothy Wheeler on 09/09/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad bought me this Cadillac DeVille last year as my first car. I had wanted one since I was 6 years old. we bought the car and the very next day a radiator fan motor bearing went out, it cost almost $700 dollars to fix. since then I have heard popping sounds in the steering and it has stalled twice. the car has 44000 miles on it. I would still recommend buying a car like this, because the comfort and looks outweigh the problems. Its a great car

Build quality
By JJ on 08/16/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 51,000 miles. It is a beautiful fun to drive car. However, this car has many repair problems, i.e., oil leaks, steering problems, I have had many sensors replaced, both front hubs, both cv joints, water pump,a/c compressor and too many other repairs to mentions. I feel a vehicle with only 90000 miles should not have had that many repairs. I have a 93 Honda Accord with 220,000 miles and I can count the repairs I have made on it.

Great Car
By Jim on 05/13/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car used last year with 52K miles. I was able to transfer the extended warranty to my name and got 6 months worth of coverage. The car has been worry free. The only things I've done are oil changes, replacement of the original tires at 55K miles, wheel alignment and 60K maintenance service. I would have never imagined myself driving a Cadillac, but this car is fantastic, esp. 28 MPG on the highways. It does like oil, but the car display tells you when to add it and the dealer told me this is typical of Cadillacs and GMs in general.

1 2 3 4 5 next »