Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Best cars ive owned
By cadiman95

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad just bought me this car it is very pretty i love it best car ive driven. The performance of this car is amazing for a car that weighs almost 5000 pounds it can beat any car off the line and in a race. All of my cadillacs have made it to 200000 miles without any problems. When you buy cadillacs look for the R sticker under the hood if it has that then it weill last you as long as you want. The girls also love it. I raced my friend who had a 2008 infiniti m35x and he was amazed at how fast this car is. It is so comfortable but at the same time fun to drive. no japanese car can match this car. I love cadillacs and will own one for as long as i live you really need to buy and own one.

Performance, looks, comfort, interior, fun to drive and much more

None.

factory reject?
By tatezuki

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Caddy looked good. It's supposed to, it's a Caddy. It sat way too low to the ground. I would have to drive very very slowly over speed humps so I wouldn't rip anything off. My mechanic said it would cost over $800 to replace. It somehow loses a quart of oil a month. Catalytic converter.....almost $500 to replace. A "fresh air" unit? ........... needed to pass emissions, over $400. I bought it with $56k miles. It now has 103k. Now the front end shakes when I drive over 40 mph. The fuel gauge NEVER worked. I bought it three years ago with 56k miles on it. It has 103k now.

It looked good.

I used to drive a Buick Park Avenue. The seats were much more comfortable. Fix the oil loss problem. Fix the fuel gauge. On the steering wheel make it so you can swith from cd player to radio and on the radio from am to fm1 and fm2. Right now you can only change the channels on the radio and you have to reach down to the console to change from cd to radio to cassette. Put more speakers in it. I blew out the ONE in back.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A MONEY PIT, THIS IS YOUR CAR
By colorado0956

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many cars during my life, but this car is by far the worst car I've ever owned. It is nothing more than a money pit. It had less than 20K mi when I bought it in '05. I've put less than 30K mi on the car since owning it. In that time, I've spent $5700 in repairs. That is awful for a car that has fewer than 60K miles on it. In the 5 yrs I've owned the car, it has cost me $1100/annually in repairs. That's pathetic. Those repairs consist of complete axle work, brakes, rotors & shocks, new transmission w/ all 4 motor mounts, new starter, window problems & many more problems, not to mention that it drinks oil. I got rid of that pc of junk & bought a Honda! No more GM for me. No Thanks!

GM needs to drasticaly improve dependability/reliability commensurate with the price you pay for a Cadillac. They should take lessons from the foreign car makers when it comes to.......quality!

Caddy Deville
By Christian

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 Cadillac Deville (Base Sedan) in 2004 with 9,000 miles on it. It was purchased from a prominent local dealer, and it looked new, smelled new, and drove new the day I drove it off the lot for a total price of $25,000 including the 5 year 75,000 mile extended warranty. The car drove like a dream for the first 3 years, and was overall “problem free” as for the 4th year on, it has been extremely time consuming costly in order to keep it running sufficiently and looking good. The extended warranty on the vehicle recently ended in July. The company was exceptional. From the year 2004 to 2009 the warranty spent over $10,000 in repairs for this car

The Digital Speedometer, Memory Seats,Heated Seats, Sound System, Rear Digital Thermostat, Steering Wheel A/C and Radio Controls.The car is quite technologically advanced for it's year.I also love the factor chrome rims.Most importantly the smooth ride is amazing.

Engine-Burns oil excessively and may develope a "piston slap" Grill-shows wear even when taken care of and garaged.

All That Glitters Is Not A Gold Cadillac
By Vincent Roane

2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First let me say that I have always admired Cadillacs since I was a little boy. All 4 of my uncles owned a Cadillac at one time or another. A beautiful car to drive and be admired in. However, repairs can be expensive for a domestic car. I strongly suggest purchasing an extended warranty immediately. It burns alot of oil. And takes 8qts to do an oil change. Which the dealers all say is normal. At 100,000 the selonoid transmission started to go bad. And the oh so dreaded sensor modules always tend to fail on all cadillacs at some point which costs between $500-$800. Other than all of that. It's a beautiful car to drive and look at, but no fun to repair. Keep $500 on hand at all times.

The automatic start and heated seats are fun, especially in the winter months. Cruise control; heated steering wheel, rear sensors, smooth ride, digital dash, great stereo system, those digital rear brake and signal lights along with that classic caddy boat body style are head turners.

Alot of plastic interior where wood grain should have been. Power window construction could be better, I haven't had any problems as of yet, but I have heard horror stories. 8qts of oil is a bit much for a luxury vehicle and it burns about 1qt every 800 miles. Cadillac says its normal...but why?