Used 2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Best cars ive owned
By cadiman95

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My dad just bought me this car it is very pretty i love it best car ive driven. The performance of this car is amazing for a car that weighs almost 5000 pounds it can beat any car off the line and in a race. All of my cadillacs have made it to 200000 miles without any problems. When you buy cadillacs look for the R sticker under the hood if it has that then it weill last you as long as you want. The girls also love it. I raced my friend who had a 2008 infiniti m35x and he was amazed at how fast this car is. It is so comfortable but at the same time fun to drive. no japanese car can match this car. I love cadillacs and will own one for as long as i live you really need to buy and own one.

Performance, looks, comfort, interior, fun to drive and much more

None.

Most Unreliable Car I've Owned
By EX-GM Fan

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago with 69,000 miles and drive it enough to use one gas tank a week. It's looks/comfort are up there with Mercedes, but I have owned many different cars and this car is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned. In the past year I have had all the window motors/regulators replaced, one engine mount was cracked in half, all new brake pads a few months ago and now they squeak all the time. The dealership said it is a common problem though even though there is life left on the pads. The tire pressure sensors are all broken, the transmission fluid sensor is broken, coolant sensor is broken, and the heated front drivers seat is broken...HONDA HERE I COME!

Car is equal to Mercedes on looks, ride comfort, and features. I would never sell this car if it didn't break apart as it has just from going to work and back home. It would be worth the bad gas mileage even if the car was reliable. I am DONE with GM. Caddy, Bonneville, Camaro. All 3 were the same.

Build quality
By JJ

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 51,000 miles. It is a beautiful fun to drive car. However, this car has many repair problems, i.e., oil leaks, steering problems, I have had many sensors replaced, both front hubs, both cv joints, water pump,a/c compressor and too many other repairs to mentions. I feel a vehicle with only 90000 miles should not have had that many repairs. I have a 93 Honda Accord with 220,000 miles and I can count the repairs I have made on it.

Great ride and body style. I just love the body style.

I assume GM has corrected the oil leak situation in their later models. Put out an upgrade to the older onstar system so we may use onstar.

To Caddy or Not to Caddy
By koole

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DeVille is a great looking car. It has abundant features. I wish it had cooled seats like '04 and newer models though. It also has a nice clean interior setup, everything is easily within driver's reach.

The Bose stereo sounds great. It has the best looking gauges that I have seen in any car.

After 40,000 miles and the water pump went. this is the the same problem as when the Northstars first came out in 1996. You would figure by now, they would work that out. The radio / temp settings bezel should be better anchored and not plastic. It makes the center of dash appear cheap.

Third Cadillac
By PhantomCadillac

2001 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little over a month. I have put 4,000 miles on it. The ride is excellent. The nav system needs a way to update. The night vision is ok but not really needed. Back up sensors are a really nice touch. The rain sensors are a nice added touch. One problem already is the seloniod in the transmission has gone bad and it will cost about $2,000 to fix. This is my third Cadillac and I have enjoyed everyone of them.

The memory seats, ride, back up sensors, and Bose stereo.

Give it an updatable Nav system and make the cat easier to work on.