DTS
By bigking777 on
2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan
Some problems with the Service Stability System computer after about 9 months. In for service 6 times until the problem was fixed. Also, an orange, watery spot in my garage below the engine compartment. They said a bubble formed in the casting of the engine, creating a tiny crack. Replaced the whole engine. No problems since. (Cadillac did rebate one of my monthly payments.) Great looks always turns heads. A quiet ride, a great sound system, great acceleration and a beautiful car have spoiled me the last couple years. I looked at Mercedes, BMW, Infinity, Lexus and Lincoln. Even with the problems in the beginning, I feel I bought a great vehicle.
Favorite Features
Looks great. Handles really well. 300 horsepower will move this vehicle. Great acceleration above 40MPH. Very comfortable, especially for a tall person. Plenty of room in the back seat. Easy to get in and out. Large trunk. Heated seats in front AND back. Massage in the front seats.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing major... Rear seat tray/cupholder keeps slamming shut when braking. Traction control button is in a horrible location, under the shifter.
By maxrayruss
on 12/07/10 17:58 PM (PST)

I own a white diamond 2000 DTS with 168,000 miles. I purchased it with 100,000 miles and since noticed an orange spot on the garage floor that resulted in replacing the water pump that had a seal leaking. I also added the cadillac pellets or barrsleak pellets that cost $3 bucks at napa in the cooling system which is an absolute with the north star engines to avoid leaks external and internal. I replaced the tork sensor at 128,000 that cost $950, the left front rotor assembly and battery. The tork lock sensor is sticking again but don't merit replacing because the check engine light goes out and the gas mileage is great. I love this car. It is fun car to drive and has lots of power.