2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
2000 Cadillac DTS
By sbaker on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle performs very well in all driving conditions. The interior design, however, is not as roomy as previous models of the Deville. The car is very reliable, and has many comfort features. I have had a problem with the rear parking assist and the driver seat heater, both of which are warranty items.

good, but...
By redbug on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan

Good value for the money. Have enjoyed 4 years of use. Unfortunately it has had multiple electronic problems over it's lifetime: 2 crankshaft sensors replaced; driver's side heated seat cushion element replaced and still not working right; heater/ac dash control module had to be replaced. If Cadillac wants to play with the big boys (BMW,Mercedes,Lexus, Acura,etc.,) they HAVE to improve quality, otherwise they will always be following the pack. A car of this caliber should not be plagued with poor quality electronics that can have a real negative impact on its reputation. If the imports can do it well, why not Cadillac?

Not my father's Caddy
By Rox on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

Reliability is very disappointing. Three batteries in three years. New catalytic, re-program IPC module, A/C module replaced, window mechnanism failed, crank sensor adjusted etc. Significant service required 7 times in past 10 months

sweet
By taxwme on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

its a nice ride

Expensive Lemon !!!!!
By Wally&Claire on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

At 15,000 miles,all 4 rotors had to be turned, a NJ dealer's fault.The car uses 1 qt of oil every 1,000 miles. Dealer said this is normal.At 52,000 miles the crankshaft sensors failed.At 57,600 miles a wheel bearing and hub assembly failed.At 62,000 miles a motor mount failed.At 64,000 miles the water pump failed.At 75,000 miles the battery started to leak and had to be replaced. At 80,000 miles the transmission failed and had to be repaired.All this at a cost of over $3,100 for repairs, not including normal maintenance, on a new car just 3 years old. Is this what GM calls quality in a $40,000 car?

DTS
By Jerald Foster on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I was shocked and disturbed to find that this premier car with the Northstar engine burns a quart of oil every 3000 miles. Also within 50,000 miles the CV drive was totally coroded and had to be replaced. The front engine mount was torn. Not a very impressive vehicle and one that I could not honestly recommend.

2000 deville
By kwili on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

a real nice car, fun to drive, very responsive and very comfortable.

Best car I have driven since the 60's
By mikerice01 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

It's npt very often that I find a car ( Detroit or other ) that I like more than hate. I have a 2000 DeVille and I/we love it. It has one of the best rides that I have ever come across and the handeling for a large car is very VERY impressive. My mileage is around 20 all around and this is with the air on most of the time. I have had a few minor problems that have been fixed by Cadillac dealers in very good fashion. Would I buy another, you betcha, in a second!

I like it !!!!!!!!!
By Chgo. Mike on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

Bought a Used 2000 DTS, with 30k. Certified. I felt like I got the deal I wanted. What a Beauty. Does it all!!! Great handling, acceloration. The kids pull up, and want to Race! Black Beauty that turns heads. I'm just tickled. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

DTS
By bigking777 on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

Some problems with the Service Stability System computer after about 9 months. In for service 6 times until the problem was fixed. Also, an orange, watery spot in my garage below the engine compartment. They said a bubble formed in the casting of the engine, creating a tiny crack. Replaced the whole engine. No problems since. (Cadillac did rebate one of my monthly payments.) Great looks always turns heads. A quiet ride, a great sound system, great acceleration and a beautiful car have spoiled me the last couple years. I looked at Mercedes, BMW, Infinity, Lexus and Lincoln. Even with the problems in the beginning, I feel I bought a great vehicle.