Used 2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

My baby
By freshpeach

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love the way this baby drives and rides. I love the get up and go before anyone knows it I am way ahead of the slow revs in the so- called economy 4 and 6 cylinders!! She is very quiet in her coming and going; and I can control everything from the steering wheel!! I don't care about the gas mileage; she is the most comfortable and convenient car for someone like me, with a handicapped knee and right hand. Traveling on long trips in this car is like laying down in your bedroom and watching your favorite television marathon. Needed maintenance is not so cheap, but she is worth her weight in gold!!

Favorite Features

The heated/memory seats on the driver side and the convenient steering wheel controls are the bomb! I love the night lights in the outside mirrors. I love the shape of the car too; it looks like a Mercedes!

Suggested Improvements

Please do something with the reverse, mirrors goes toward the ground and anyone tall (like me, 5'8"),has to bend all the way down in their seats to see behind them! What the heck is going on with that? Did you test drive the reversing with midgets? Not picking on a group of people.

Please don't buy this car
By EJ

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my deville two years ago, worked great for the first year and a half but now it uses about 2 quarts of oil between oil changes, had to replace a window motor, and electronic a/c vent in dash and, worst of all the head gaskets are blown and car overheats, also the transmission skips every now and then. Please save your self some trouble and find another car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, plenty of room, looks good, excellent ride quality, decent gas mileage for a big car, quick

Suggested Improvements

Make an engine that doesn't burn oil and blow head gaskets at 100,000 miles, make a better quality transmission

2000 Cadillac Deville
By lordbobthegreat

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

An affordable luxury Car that has more than enough power with even the base 275 hp. The Northstar motor runs great although have noticed from time to time that it does knock. Haven't quite figured why it does that. Great Car Overall!

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, Sound System, acceleration, braking, comfort, trunk space, customizability, handling, smooth clean exterior lines.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing Really, Just I should have found one with more options or bough newer with the options!!!

Cadillac DTS
By Rherman

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, I would not trade it for anything. This is my 3rd Cadillac, and so far the best.

Favorite Features

Massage and heated seats. Very fast pick up. 0-60 speed for a large car. The overall look is also great.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, and no aluminum rims. I purchased Chrome rims from a 2002 Eldorado, they look good on the car.

Great Vehicle, but have cash
By DanA

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I bought this DTS in 2003 with 114,000 miles from a dealer in MI. The exterior and interior were spotless. They still are other than the driver's seat leather due to my daily driving. All I had to do was test drive a DeVille to know what my dream car was. The car drives solid, accelerates smoothly, and always runs strong from acceleration to passing speeds. I love this car, yet it does have serious maintenance issues. When parts fail, shop around for labor, but expect to spend major dollars on parts. Northstar does burn 1qt oil / 2k mi or so, but is very tolerable as this doesn't seem to have major effects.

Favorite Features

Ride is smooth. Acceleration and performance are solid. Appearance is head-turning. Longevity if all maintenance is followed. Bose audio is excellent. Love the lit dash and steering wheel controls. All wood is beautiful and has always been strong in extreme snows. Big car means strong will.

Suggested Improvements

Get parts prices down. Improve fuel economy so car can be a commuter. Improve vehicle design and reliability so car can be owned very long term with low total ownership costs.