2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Solid Caddy
By James on 05/27/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car new and currently has 99,000+ miles on it. It's had a full brake job, tires, normal stuff. Gets 25 mpg in everyday driving, outstanding! Nice big safe roomy automobile. Minus, you never have to wory about an oil change, it does this itself, just change filter. Dealer said normal for 2-3 quarts every 3000 miles. An aluminum engine you know. GM must fix this problem before we'll consider another Caddy.

I Love My DTS
By LuvsmyDTS on 03/12/07 07:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

This car has a great ride, great performance, and very comfortable seating. I love the steering wheel controls for the radio, gotta have that. This car has two personalities, if you drive conservatively you'll get really good gas mileage, I average about 20.5 miles per gallon this way (city & hwy combined). However, if you want to drive fast, it will do that too, without hesitation. It will go like a scalded dog, but the gas mileage will drop to about 16 mpg. Its highway mileage is superb, about 23 mpg.

Great Car
By Rich H on 11/01/06 10:08 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an auction and I love it. I have had no problems so far. This is my 3ed Cadillac, I had two Eldorados before this one, but I had many problems with the other two. Its performance is great and so is its handling. You have a lot of confidence behind the wheel. It is also a very nice looking car, the people who I worked with thought it was a Mercedes. I just laughed.

My Car
By richard fricano on 09/19/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

The DeVille is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I have not had any major problsms with it yet.

2000 DeVille
By 2000 DHS on 05/07/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan

The trade-off between handling and comfort is excellent. For a large heavy car with a relatively powerful V8,the fuel ecomony is very good. I changed the front tie-rods and front engine mount after 60,000 miles. Also, the front seat warmers no longer work and the Northstar engine burns oil. Other than that, this is a great car.

2000 Cadillac DeVille
By WOP on 09/13/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great ride with superior fuel economy. Last week I drove to Austin, TX from Houston, TX and returned. The highway speed was averging 60 mph, and the mpg was 29.

Great car
By freddy on 12/25/04 13:27 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 Cadillac DeVille with 2,000 miles on it. I had a Lincoln Town Car. The DeVille handles better and has better acceleration. It gets good gas mileage. the sun visor too low for tall people though. GM's engineers have changed this for 2001. I have not experienced any major problems with this car. The check engine light came on once. It was repaired with no problems at the dealer. The Cadillac DeVeille comes witrh a good warranty. The Northstar engine usees minimal oil every 2,000 - 3,000 miles. Just add a quart and keep driving. the front windshield had an airleak which made noise, but this was repaired by my dealer at 3,000 miles and is now OK. This car's windshield is known to be poorly sealed at factory.

2000 DHS Deville
By nicea on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan

Wonderful automobile! Reliable, comfortable, quiet, easy to maintain.A tie rod repair under warranty and new brakes after 60000 are only major repairs so far.

Love big red
By Bmitch-el on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love the car. The Northstar is worth it's weight in gold. This car gives you the same luxury of car 10000-30000 more. Regular gas, yes!!!. Comfort, oh hell yes!. The only thing I don't like is all the plastic and the fit and finish. Other than that, this car is off the chain!! Love daddy's caddy

My Caddy
By Snuffy72 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Excellant maintenance and repair experience so far. ONLY a tie rod replacement at about 24000 miles ruins a perfect performance.