Used 2000 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac DeVille

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

WOW
By Larry

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

If this is what a 8-9 year old Caddie feels and drives like, I am not sure I could handle a new one. I have driven mostly smaller cars in my life, but I think I will have a Caddie the rest of my life. Even if it is an old one! Have not had long enough to know reliability, but most of what I hear is good. Have put 12000 so far and the gas mileage is wonderful, better than most six cylinders I have had.

Fantastic Car
By George

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Love to drive this car great handling and comfort. But had problems with head gaskets had to replace them and oil leak. It does burn oil. Would love to have a newer model without head gasket problems and oil use.

Favorite Features

Comfort and driving

Suggested Improvements

Problems with head gaskets very expensive to fix. And problems with using oi.

Love It!
By Caddy Lover

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

This is an awesome vehicle! This is my fourth Cadillac and it carries the tradition perfectly. The mirrors tilting can be controlled by the feature programming as can most functions and are programmable to seat memory. the new design is good: still looks like a big ole Cadillac but is modernized and stylish. Peeforms well for a large vehicle and comfort has always been Cadillac's benchmark. has about 80k miles and runs like a clock standard maintenance only! uses some oil about 1.5 quarts per change but is not bad giving the volume it starts with (almost 7!). I hope to keep this car as long as possible and keep it next to my Fleetwood Brougham until my son can drive it. Cadillacs Always!

Favorite Features

Feature programing is efficient and innovative. the ability to switch between analog and digital dash is also very cool. not sure if it is on all makes but the DTS has it!! also night vision and rear collision sensors were benchmarks of Cadillac excess (at least back in 2000!)

Suggested Improvements

Front Grill Should be Chrome. Also, never found a DTS with a moon roof. was that even an option?

Northstar oil use
By JB

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

For every one that posted a note about oil consumption, a quart or so every 2000 miles or so is somewhat normal. Excessive consumption can also be related to piston rings being stuck due to "babying" the engine. One relatively easy solution is to find a clear stretch of road, place the car in second gear and accelerate quickly up to ~ 70 mph, then coast down to 40 mph (no braking!). Do this 3 -4 times. It will help keep the piston rings floating free and seated against the cylinder walls, reducing oil consumption. Dealers and knowledgeable mechanics can also perform a chemical cleaning.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

longer seat space under the legs and a slightly greater seat travel distance from the steering wheel.

What a Great Car 2000 DHS
By getts45

2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan

Wow! What a wonderful driving machine! Very powerful and very comfortable. Great fuel economy and mostly everything is great about the car. not any problems since our family bought it back in 2000 except normal services. Highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Onstar, Bose stereo system, fuel economy, looks mean and classy, interior comfort and huge backseat.

Suggested Improvements

a little to much interior plastic