2000 Cadillac DTS White Diamond 300Hp
By maxrayruss on
2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan
I purchased this beauty on ebay with 100,000 miles and the car was a super clean Sarasota, Fla car. It has all options and is an eye catcher. I first had to replace the tork converter sensor at 128,000 miles $980 and at 168,000 getting an occasional tork sensor code again but the light goes out and mileage is great. Replaced the left front wheel hub at 105,000 miles and the right is near ready to be replaced. The steering wheel programing is in need of fixing because the wheel don't move up on exit but down. The CD player rejects and gives an alarm code. The dash cover rolled up on the edges which is common on those models but was simple to repair with adhesive and replace. Love the car
Favorite Features
The favorite features are Night Vision although I can't turn off the headlights at night to get the full benefit. The powerful 300 hp 9 engine loves gas more than the 275 hp y engine and is geared lower which results to 4 miles per gallon less on the open road with 23 to 24 at best. The 17 inch wheels is another attraction and the sporty floor shifter with console is something I will miss if buying a new DTS. The seat heater and masagers are great for the adjustable lumbar features. The fog lights are great for watching for deer on the highways at night.
Suggested Improvements
Engineers should have added the $35 tork sensor on the outside of the transmission instead of internally. This would have saved $950 labor bill. The north star engines should have been honed with a finer grit stone for the cross hair in the cylinder bore to minimize the oil consumption of over a quart between changes and some I know add 3 quarts between changes resulting from a new stone. Michelin MXV4 tires is a must on the DTS with 36 to 38 lbs of air in the front to minimize the vibration at 65 to 75 mph. This a problem many complain about. I will keep my caddy for life.