Used 2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

I Love My DTS.... Still
By dtsfan

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

As a child of the sixties, I always admired the iconic Cadillac brand. Back when I was a kid, a Cadillac was a Cadillac and everything else paled in comparison. As I approached 45 years old, I was looking to buy a car and looked at everything, from BMW to Jaguar to Mercedes Benz, but my wife had been working for a major cosmetic company and had earned 2 pink Cadillacs in 02 & 04. That's where I fell in love with the Deville. It had everything, style, prestige, confort, performance, and reliability. The DTS ticked all the boxes for what I wanted in my own car. So I found my bronzemist DTS and brought her home. 5 years later, I'm still in love with her.

Favorite Features

What do I love about my DTS? Well, after a long day at work, my DTS welcomes me with those big comfortable leather seats, I can sit in traffic and enjoy concert sound through the Bose sound system, when traffic lets up, I can punch the pedal and she goes like a scalded dog. Get out of my way BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, this American luxury performance machine is about to eat your lunch.

Suggested Improvements

The 00-05 model has the best styling for the younger set. The 06 and up models look a little stodgy, not as sporty as the earlier models.

2000 Cadillac DTS White Diamond 300Hp
By maxrayruss

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this beauty on ebay with 100,000 miles and the car was a super clean Sarasota, Fla car. It has all options and is an eye catcher. I first had to replace the tork converter sensor at 128,000 miles $980 and at 168,000 getting an occasional tork sensor code again but the light goes out and mileage is great. Replaced the left front wheel hub at 105,000 miles and the right is near ready to be replaced. The steering wheel programing is in need of fixing because the wheel don't move up on exit but down. The CD player rejects and gives an alarm code. The dash cover rolled up on the edges which is common on those models but was simple to repair with adhesive and replace. Love the car

Favorite Features

The favorite features are Night Vision although I can't turn off the headlights at night to get the full benefit. The powerful 300 hp 9 engine loves gas more than the 275 hp y engine and is geared lower which results to 4 miles per gallon less on the open road with 23 to 24 at best. The 17 inch wheels is another attraction and the sporty floor shifter with console is something I will miss if buying a new DTS. The seat heater and masagers are great for the adjustable lumbar features. The fog lights are great for watching for deer on the highways at night.

Suggested Improvements

Engineers should have added the $35 tork sensor on the outside of the transmission instead of internally. This would have saved $950 labor bill. The north star engines should have been honed with a finer grit stone for the cross hair in the cylinder bore to minimize the oil consumption of over a quart between changes and some I know add 3 quarts between changes resulting from a new stone. Michelin MXV4 tires is a must on the DTS with 36 to 38 lbs of air in the front to minimize the vibration at 65 to 75 mph. This a problem many complain about. I will keep my caddy for life.

solid
By fred

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

bought mine with 71k about a year ago. now has 96k and only have replaced an egr valve. does burn 1 quart between oil changes but from reading here, typical. great gas mileage 25 on highway. great punch when you need it. just replaced brakes all around for 350.00 with ceramic pads and the egr valve was about 200.00. I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

comfort, pick up, huge, great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

other than 1 quart every 2 to 3k none. i've been told that it is very common in the northstar. i'll invest the 4.00 for a quart for a great reliable and fun to drive boat.

Love It!
By Caddy Lover

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

This is an awesome vehicle! This is my fourth Cadillac and it carries the tradition perfectly. The mirrors tilting can be controlled by the feature programming as can most functions and are programmable to seat memory. the new design is good: still looks like a big ole Cadillac but is modernized and stylish. Peeforms well for a large vehicle and comfort has always been Cadillac's benchmark. has about 80k miles and runs like a clock standard maintenance only! uses some oil about 1.5 quarts per change but is not bad giving the volume it starts with (almost 7!). I hope to keep this car as long as possible and keep it next to my Fleetwood Brougham until my son can drive it. Cadillacs Always!

Favorite Features

Feature programing is efficient and innovative. the ability to switch between analog and digital dash is also very cool. not sure if it is on all makes but the DTS has it!! also night vision and rear collision sensors were benchmarks of Cadillac excess (at least back in 2000!)

Suggested Improvements

Front Grill Should be Chrome. Also, never found a DTS with a moon roof. was that even an option?

Cadillac DTS
By Rherman

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, I would not trade it for anything. This is my 3rd Cadillac, and so far the best.

Favorite Features

Massage and heated seats. Very fast pick up. 0-60 speed for a large car. The overall look is also great.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, and no aluminum rims. I purchased Chrome rims from a 2002 Eldorado, they look good on the car.