2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
I Love My DTS.... Still
By dtsfan on 08/08/11 18:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

As a child of the sixties, I always admired the iconic Cadillac brand. Back when I was a kid, a Cadillac was a Cadillac and everything else paled in comparison. As I approached 45 years old, I was looking to buy a car and looked at everything, from BMW to Jaguar to Mercedes Benz, but my wife had been working for a major cosmetic company and had earned 2 pink Cadillacs in 02 & 04. That's where I fell in love with the Deville. It had everything, style, prestige, confort, performance, and reliability. The DTS ticked all the boxes for what I wanted in my own car. So I found my bronzemist DTS and brought her home. 5 years later, I'm still in love with her.

2000 Cadillac DTS White Diamond 300Hp
By maxrayruss on 12/07/10 18:48 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this beauty on ebay with 100,000 miles and the car was a super clean Sarasota, Fla car. It has all options and is an eye catcher. I first had to replace the tork converter sensor at 128,000 miles $980 and at 168,000 getting an occasional tork sensor code again but the light goes out and mileage is great. Replaced the left front wheel hub at 105,000 miles and the right is near ready to be replaced. The steering wheel programing is in need of fixing because the wheel don't move up on exit but down. The CD player rejects and gives an alarm code. The dash cover rolled up on the edges which is common on those models but was simple to repair with adhesive and replace. Love the car

solid
By fred on 11/02/09 14:36 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

bought mine with 71k about a year ago. now has 96k and only have replaced an egr valve. does burn 1 quart between oil changes but from reading here, typical. great gas mileage 25 on highway. great punch when you need it. just replaced brakes all around for 350.00 with ceramic pads and the egr valve was about 200.00. I would buy another one.

Love It!
By Caddy Lover on 10/28/08 22:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

This is an awesome vehicle! This is my fourth Cadillac and it carries the tradition perfectly. The mirrors tilting can be controlled by the feature programming as can most functions and are programmable to seat memory. the new design is good: still looks like a big ole Cadillac but is modernized and stylish. Peeforms well for a large vehicle and comfort has always been Cadillac's benchmark. has about 80k miles and runs like a clock standard maintenance only! uses some oil about 1.5 quarts per change but is not bad giving the volume it starts with (almost 7!). I hope to keep this car as long as possible and keep it next to my Fleetwood Brougham until my son can drive it. Cadillacs Always!

Cadillac DTS
By Rherman on 04/29/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, I would not trade it for anything. This is my 3rd Cadillac, and so far the best.

Great Vehicle, but have cash
By DanA on 03/09/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I bought this DTS in 2003 with 114,000 miles from a dealer in MI. The exterior and interior were spotless. They still are other than the driver's seat leather due to my daily driving. All I had to do was test drive a DeVille to know what my dream car was. The car drives solid, accelerates smoothly, and always runs strong from acceleration to passing speeds. I love this car, yet it does have serious maintenance issues. When parts fail, shop around for labor, but expect to spend major dollars on parts. Northstar does burn 1qt oil / 2k mi or so, but is very tolerable as this doesn't seem to have major effects.

I Love My DTS
By LuvsmyDTS on 03/12/07 07:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

This car has a great ride, great performance, and very comfortable seating. I love the steering wheel controls for the radio, gotta have that. This car has two personalities, if you drive conservatively you'll get really good gas mileage, I average about 20.5 miles per gallon this way (city & hwy combined). However, if you want to drive fast, it will do that too, without hesitation. It will go like a scalded dog, but the gas mileage will drop to about 16 mpg. Its highway mileage is superb, about 23 mpg.

Great Car
By Rich H on 11/01/06 10:08 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an auction and I love it. I have had no problems so far. This is my 3ed Cadillac, I had two Eldorados before this one, but I had many problems with the other two. Its performance is great and so is its handling. You have a lot of confidence behind the wheel. It is also a very nice looking car, the people who I worked with thought it was a Mercedes. I just laughed.

My Car
By richard fricano on 09/19/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

The DeVille is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I have not had any major problsms with it yet.

2000 Cadillac DTS
By sbaker on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle performs very well in all driving conditions. The interior design, however, is not as roomy as previous models of the Deville. The car is very reliable, and has many comfort features. I have had a problem with the rear parking assist and the driver seat heater, both of which are warranty items.