Used 2000 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Most Helpful|
THE -LAC...
By bigtimer78

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 deville since 03 and love it. It does burn oil but thats normal. Its got 112,000 on it and has been great. Just now having to really put money into it. Power steering pump and hose goes out at this millage. Over all great car and will buy another one.

Favorite Features

body lines and engine power..interior room is great for the family..long trips are great to.good gas millage..

Suggested Improvements

the interior parts are plastic and wear fast..need to make parts a little more affordable for the working man.

Best car i ever owned, nothing compares
By Sal

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my caddy in 2003 put about $1200 into it, it now has 128,000 miles replaced belts hoses flushed anti, replace tires changed fuel filter,this was all done in 2008 when it had 90,000 miles, i change the oil every 5000 miles, and the car still gives me about 28 miles to the gallon on the highway,and 19 in the city, yeah i put 3 qts of oil every 2000 miles but thats a good thing that the car uses oil, if a engine didn't burn oil then you had something to worry about. I'm very happy with the car that i now bought a 2005 DHS for myself and the wife uses the 2000 caddy to and from work. The car is just awesome and i would never buy anything but a caddy.

Favorite Features

a lot of leg room comfortable ride, high tech features, the best part is the engine it has a lot of power for a 275 Hp.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing! Just keep the Northstar engine in it...

Big Boy Lac
By Big Boy lac

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I hate this car is nice and comfortable but it is not reliable at all. First it started with the head lights, then the battery, then the rear lights, and then the oil pump.

Favorite Features

large seats and looks

Suggested Improvements

everything under the hood

WOW
By Larry

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

If this is what a 8-9 year old Caddie feels and drives like, I am not sure I could handle a new one. I have driven mostly smaller cars in my life, but I think I will have a Caddie the rest of my life. Even if it is an old one! Have not had long enough to know reliability, but most of what I hear is good. Have put 12000 so far and the gas mileage is wonderful, better than most six cylinders I have had.

Poor quality for $40K
By J2010G

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

First luxury new car I bought. Treated it well, drove easy. Torque converter replaced at 38K mi. Power Steering replaced at 40K mi. Oil - a quart every 2K mi. Water level sensor out at 60K mi. Fuel pump out at 60K mi. MAFE sensor intermittent at 70K mi and Radiator leak started. On Star obsoleted equipment in car and it ran down battery. Replaced battery. Dash cover turning up at corners at 90K mi even though garaged all the time. A/C blowing greasy stuff out of vents at 90K mi. Torque converter out again at 105K mi. All repair prices/parts out of sight because it's a Cadillac. My used cars all were better than this one. To think I paid $40K....

Favorite Features

Highway driving is comfortable, highway fuel mileage is 25 MPG which is great for a heavy car.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, Quality, Quality. My next car won't be GM.