Used 2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

14 years old and still going strong
By duraflex

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan

I have owned a 2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS for about 5 years. When a favorite relative passed it on to me, it was almost 9 years old and had sat unused in a garage for at least 2 years with just 22,000 miles on it. Professional mechanics told me I would likely have all kinds of very expensive problems with it and offered to take it off my hands and pay me $2000. GM was in trouble at the time but I decided to keep the car and take the risk. With the exception of replacing the battery, tires and overhauling the brakes - they were wrong about every other dire prediction. In 5 years, I've spent about $5000 in repairs and maintenance on the car. It's been worth every dollar.

The car has been an absolute joy. It is so quiet, so smooth, so tailored and understated that itÂ’s an absolute blessing to own and drive. The paint still looks new as does the interior with the exception of the dash pad which is lifting up on the edges. The highway mileage on regular gas is actually close to 28mpg. Subsequent model years do not do nearly as well. I had routine service performed today and then took it on a highway run. It only has 47,000 miles but even at its age, it has no rattles and literally feels as tight and sure as a new car. This is one fine American luxury car.

Stop using plastic parts on critical components. My auto door lock plastic linkage broke in one door. The power window plastic gear broke in driver window. I do not why GM discontinued DeVille and DTS. Most of the new Cadillacs look like gaudy pimpmobiles and I would not even consider buying one - new or used.

I Love My DTS.... Still
By dtsfan

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

As a child of the sixties, I always admired the iconic Cadillac brand. Back when I was a kid, a Cadillac was a Cadillac and everything else paled in comparison. As I approached 45 years old, I was looking to buy a car and looked at everything, from BMW to Jaguar to Mercedes Benz, but my wife had been working for a major cosmetic company and had earned 2 pink Cadillacs in 02 & 04. That's where I fell in love with the Deville. It had everything, style, prestige, confort, performance, and reliability. The DTS ticked all the boxes for what I wanted in my own car. So I found my bronzemist DTS and brought her home. 5 years later, I'm still in love with her.

What do I love about my DTS? Well, after a long day at work, my DTS welcomes me with those big comfortable leather seats, I can sit in traffic and enjoy concert sound through the Bose sound system, when traffic lets up, I can punch the pedal and she goes like a scalded dog. Get out of my way BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, this American luxury performance machine is about to eat your lunch.

The 00-05 model has the best styling for the younger set. The 06 and up models look a little stodgy, not as sporty as the earlier models.

2000 Cadillac DTS White Diamond 300Hp
By maxrayruss

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this beauty on ebay with 100,000 miles and the car was a super clean Sarasota, Fla car. It has all options and is an eye catcher. I first had to replace the tork converter sensor at 128,000 miles $980 and at 168,000 getting an occasional tork sensor code again but the light goes out and mileage is great. Replaced the left front wheel hub at 105,000 miles and the right is near ready to be replaced. The steering wheel programing is in need of fixing because the wheel don't move up on exit but down. The CD player rejects and gives an alarm code. The dash cover rolled up on the edges which is common on those models but was simple to repair with adhesive and replace. Love the car

The favorite features are Night Vision although I can't turn off the headlights at night to get the full benefit. The powerful 300 hp 9 engine loves gas more than the 275 hp y engine and is geared lower which results to 4 miles per gallon less on the open road with 23 to 24 at best. The 17 inch wheels is another attraction and the sporty floor shifter with console is something I will miss if buying a new DTS. The seat heater and masagers are great for the adjustable lumbar features. The fog lights are great for watching for deer on the highways at night.

Engineers should have added the $35 tork sensor on the outside of the transmission instead of internally. This would have saved $950 labor bill. The north star engines should have been honed with a finer grit stone for the cross hair in the cylinder bore to minimize the oil consumption of over a quart between changes and some I know add 3 quarts between changes resulting from a new stone. Michelin MXV4 tires is a must on the DTS with 36 to 38 lbs of air in the front to minimize the vibration at 65 to 75 mph. This a problem many complain about. I will keep my caddy for life.

Best car i ever owned, nothing compares
By Sal

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my caddy in 2003 put about $1200 into it, it now has 128,000 miles replaced belts hoses flushed anti, replace tires changed fuel filter,this was all done in 2008 when it had 90,000 miles, i change the oil every 5000 miles, and the car still gives me about 28 miles to the gallon on the highway,and 19 in the city, yeah i put 3 qts of oil every 2000 miles but thats a good thing that the car uses oil, if a engine didn't burn oil then you had something to worry about. I'm very happy with the car that i now bought a 2005 DHS for myself and the wife uses the 2000 caddy to and from work. The car is just awesome and i would never buy anything but a caddy.

a lot of leg room comfortable ride, high tech features, the best part is the engine it has a lot of power for a 275 Hp.

Nothing! Just keep the Northstar engine in it...

Big Boy Lac
By Big Boy lac

2000 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I hate this car is nice and comfortable but it is not reliable at all. First it started with the head lights, then the battery, then the rear lights, and then the oil pump.

large seats and looks