2000 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2000 DeVille Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Sort Reviews by

Best car i ever owned, nothing compares
By Sal

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my caddy in 2003 put about $1200 into it, it now has 128,000 miles replaced belts hoses flushed anti, replace tires changed fuel filter,this was all done in 2008 when it had 90,000 miles, i change the oil every 5000 miles, and the car still gives me about 28 miles to the gallon on the highway,and 19 in the city, yeah i put 3 qts of oil every 2000 miles but thats a good thing that the car uses oil, if a engine didn't burn oil then you had something to worry about. I'm very happy with the car that i now bought a 2005 DHS for myself and the wife uses the 2000 caddy to and from work. The car is just awesome and i would never buy anything but a caddy.

Favorite Features

a lot of leg room comfortable ride, high tech features, the best part is the engine it has a lot of power for a 275 Hp.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing! Just keep the Northstar engine in it...

Big Boy Lac
By Big Boy lac

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I hate this car is nice and comfortable but it is not reliable at all. First it started with the head lights, then the battery, then the rear lights, and then the oil pump.

Favorite Features

large seats and looks

Suggested Improvements

everything under the hood

THE -LAC...
By bigtimer78

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 deville since 03 and love it. It does burn oil but thats normal. Its got 112,000 on it and has been great. Just now having to really put money into it. Power steering pump and hose goes out at this millage. Over all great car and will buy another one.

Favorite Features

body lines and engine power..interior room is great for the family..long trips are great to.good gas millage..

Suggested Improvements

the interior parts are plastic and wear fast..need to make parts a little more affordable for the working man.

Poor quality for $40K
By J2010G

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

First luxury new car I bought. Treated it well, drove easy. Torque converter replaced at 38K mi. Power Steering replaced at 40K mi. Oil - a quart every 2K mi. Water level sensor out at 60K mi. Fuel pump out at 60K mi. MAFE sensor intermittent at 70K mi and Radiator leak started. On Star obsoleted equipment in car and it ran down battery. Replaced battery. Dash cover turning up at corners at 90K mi even though garaged all the time. A/C blowing greasy stuff out of vents at 90K mi. Torque converter out again at 105K mi. All repair prices/parts out of sight because it's a Cadillac. My used cars all were better than this one. To think I paid $40K....

Favorite Features

Highway driving is comfortable, highway fuel mileage is 25 MPG which is great for a heavy car.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, Quality, Quality. My next car won't be GM.

WOW
By Larry

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

If this is what a 8-9 year old Caddie feels and drives like, I am not sure I could handle a new one. I have driven mostly smaller cars in my life, but I think I will have a Caddie the rest of my life. Even if it is an old one! Have not had long enough to know reliability, but most of what I hear is good. Have put 12000 so far and the gas mileage is wonderful, better than most six cylinders I have had.

Fantastic Car
By George

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Love to drive this car great handling and comfort. But had problems with head gaskets had to replace them and oil leak. It does burn oil. Would love to have a newer model without head gasket problems and oil use.

Favorite Features

Comfort and driving

Suggested Improvements

Problems with head gaskets very expensive to fix. And problems with using oi.

Northstar oil use
By JB

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

For every one that posted a note about oil consumption, a quart or so every 2000 miles or so is somewhat normal. Excessive consumption can also be related to piston rings being stuck due to "babying" the engine. One relatively easy solution is to find a clear stretch of road, place the car in second gear and accelerate quickly up to ~ 70 mph, then coast down to 40 mph (no braking!). Do this 3 -4 times. It will help keep the piston rings floating free and seated against the cylinder walls, reducing oil consumption. Dealers and knowledgeable mechanics can also perform a chemical cleaning.

Favorite Features

The smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

longer seat space under the legs and a slightly greater seat travel distance from the steering wheel.

My baby
By freshpeach

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love the way this baby drives and rides. I love the get up and go before anyone knows it I am way ahead of the slow revs in the so- called economy 4 and 6 cylinders!! She is very quiet in her coming and going; and I can control everything from the steering wheel!! I don't care about the gas mileage; she is the most comfortable and convenient car for someone like me, with a handicapped knee and right hand. Traveling on long trips in this car is like laying down in your bedroom and watching your favorite television marathon. Needed maintenance is not so cheap, but she is worth her weight in gold!!

Favorite Features

The heated/memory seats on the driver side and the convenient steering wheel controls are the bomb! I love the night lights in the outside mirrors. I love the shape of the car too; it looks like a Mercedes!

Suggested Improvements

Please do something with the reverse, mirrors goes toward the ground and anyone tall (like me, 5'8"),has to bend all the way down in their seats to see behind them! What the heck is going on with that? Did you test drive the reversing with midgets? Not picking on a group of people.

Please don't buy this car
By EJ

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my deville two years ago, worked great for the first year and a half but now it uses about 2 quarts of oil between oil changes, had to replace a window motor, and electronic a/c vent in dash and, worst of all the head gaskets are blown and car overheats, also the transmission skips every now and then. Please save your self some trouble and find another car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, plenty of room, looks good, excellent ride quality, decent gas mileage for a big car, quick

Suggested Improvements

Make an engine that doesn't burn oil and blow head gaskets at 100,000 miles, make a better quality transmission

2000 Cadillac Deville
By lordbobthegreat

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

An affordable luxury Car that has more than enough power with even the base 275 hp. The Northstar motor runs great although have noticed from time to time that it does knock. Haven't quite figured why it does that. Great Car Overall!

Favorite Features

Heated Seats, Sound System, acceleration, braking, comfort, trunk space, customizability, handling, smooth clean exterior lines.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing Really, Just I should have found one with more options or bough newer with the options!!!