2000 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Best car i ever owned, nothing compares
By Sal on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my caddy in 2003 put about $1200 into it, it now has 128,000 miles replaced belts hoses flushed anti, replace tires changed fuel filter,this was all done in 2008 when it had 90,000 miles, i change the oil every 5000 miles, and the car still gives me about 28 miles to the gallon on the highway,and 19 in the city, yeah i put 3 qts of oil every 2000 miles but thats a good thing that the car uses oil, if a engine didn't burn oil then you had something to worry about. I'm very happy with the car that i now bought a 2005 DHS for myself and the wife uses the 2000 caddy to and from work. The car is just awesome and i would never buy anything but a caddy.

Big Boy Lac
By Big Boy lac on 04/20/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I hate this car is nice and comfortable but it is not reliable at all. First it started with the head lights, then the battery, then the rear lights, and then the oil pump.

THE -LAC...
By bigtimer78 on 02/03/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 deville since 03 and love it. It does burn oil but thats normal. Its got 112,000 on it and has been great. Just now having to really put money into it. Power steering pump and hose goes out at this millage. Over all great car and will buy another one.

Poor quality for $40K
By J2010G on 10/26/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

First luxury new car I bought. Treated it well, drove easy. Torque converter replaced at 38K mi. Power Steering replaced at 40K mi. Oil - a quart every 2K mi. Water level sensor out at 60K mi. Fuel pump out at 60K mi. MAFE sensor intermittent at 70K mi and Radiator leak started. On Star obsoleted equipment in car and it ran down battery. Replaced battery. Dash cover turning up at corners at 90K mi even though garaged all the time. A/C blowing greasy stuff out of vents at 90K mi. Torque converter out again at 105K mi. All repair prices/parts out of sight because it's a Cadillac. My used cars all were better than this one. To think I paid $40K....

WOW
By Larry on 03/14/09 07:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

If this is what a 8-9 year old Caddie feels and drives like, I am not sure I could handle a new one. I have driven mostly smaller cars in my life, but I think I will have a Caddie the rest of my life. Even if it is an old one! Have not had long enough to know reliability, but most of what I hear is good. Have put 12000 so far and the gas mileage is wonderful, better than most six cylinders I have had.

Fantastic Car
By George on 01/18/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Love to drive this car great handling and comfort. But had problems with head gaskets had to replace them and oil leak. It does burn oil. Would love to have a newer model without head gasket problems and oil use.

Northstar oil use
By JB on 09/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

For every one that posted a note about oil consumption, a quart or so every 2000 miles or so is somewhat normal. Excessive consumption can also be related to piston rings being stuck due to "babying" the engine. One relatively easy solution is to find a clear stretch of road, place the car in second gear and accelerate quickly up to ~ 70 mph, then coast down to 40 mph (no braking!). Do this 3 -4 times. It will help keep the piston rings floating free and seated against the cylinder walls, reducing oil consumption. Dealers and knowledgeable mechanics can also perform a chemical cleaning.

My baby
By freshpeach on 08/18/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I love the way this baby drives and rides. I love the get up and go before anyone knows it I am way ahead of the slow revs in the so- called economy 4 and 6 cylinders!! She is very quiet in her coming and going; and I can control everything from the steering wheel!! I don't care about the gas mileage; she is the most comfortable and convenient car for someone like me, with a handicapped knee and right hand. Traveling on long trips in this car is like laying down in your bedroom and watching your favorite television marathon. Needed maintenance is not so cheap, but she is worth her weight in gold!!

Please don't buy this car
By EJ on 07/17/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my deville two years ago, worked great for the first year and a half but now it uses about 2 quarts of oil between oil changes, had to replace a window motor, and electronic a/c vent in dash and, worst of all the head gaskets are blown and car overheats, also the transmission skips every now and then. Please save your self some trouble and find another car.

2000 Cadillac Deville
By lordbobthegreat on 05/04/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

An affordable luxury Car that has more than enough power with even the base 275 hp. The Northstar motor runs great although have noticed from time to time that it does knock. Haven't quite figured why it does that. Great Car Overall!