2000 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
14 years old and still going strong
By duraflex on 01/11/14 06:02 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan

I have owned a 2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS for about 5 years. When a favorite relative passed it on to me, it was almost 9 years old and had sat unused in a garage for at least 2 years with just 22,000 miles on it. Professional mechanics told me I would likely have all kinds of very expensive problems with it and offered to take it off my hands and pay me $2000. GM was in trouble at the time but I decided to keep the car and take the risk. With the exception of replacing the battery, tires and overhauling the brakes - they were wrong about every other dire prediction. In 5 years, I've spent about $5000 in repairs and maintenance on the car. It's been worth every dollar.

I Love My DTS.... Still
By dtsfan on 08/08/11 18:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

As a child of the sixties, I always admired the iconic Cadillac brand. Back when I was a kid, a Cadillac was a Cadillac and everything else paled in comparison. As I approached 45 years old, I was looking to buy a car and looked at everything, from BMW to Jaguar to Mercedes Benz, but my wife had been working for a major cosmetic company and had earned 2 pink Cadillacs in 02 & 04. That's where I fell in love with the Deville. It had everything, style, prestige, confort, performance, and reliability. The DTS ticked all the boxes for what I wanted in my own car. So I found my bronzemist DTS and brought her home. 5 years later, I'm still in love with her.

2000 Cadillac DTS White Diamond 300Hp
By maxrayruss on 12/07/10 18:48 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this beauty on ebay with 100,000 miles and the car was a super clean Sarasota, Fla car. It has all options and is an eye catcher. I first had to replace the tork converter sensor at 128,000 miles $980 and at 168,000 getting an occasional tork sensor code again but the light goes out and mileage is great. Replaced the left front wheel hub at 105,000 miles and the right is near ready to be replaced. The steering wheel programing is in need of fixing because the wheel don't move up on exit but down. The CD player rejects and gives an alarm code. The dash cover rolled up on the edges which is common on those models but was simple to repair with adhesive and replace. Love the car

Best car i ever owned, nothing compares
By Sal on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought my caddy in 2003 put about $1200 into it, it now has 128,000 miles replaced belts hoses flushed anti, replace tires changed fuel filter,this was all done in 2008 when it had 90,000 miles, i change the oil every 5000 miles, and the car still gives me about 28 miles to the gallon on the highway,and 19 in the city, yeah i put 3 qts of oil every 2000 miles but thats a good thing that the car uses oil, if a engine didn't burn oil then you had something to worry about. I'm very happy with the car that i now bought a 2005 DHS for myself and the wife uses the 2000 caddy to and from work. The car is just awesome and i would never buy anything but a caddy.

Big Boy Lac
By Big Boy lac on 04/20/10 19:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I hate this car is nice and comfortable but it is not reliable at all. First it started with the head lights, then the battery, then the rear lights, and then the oil pump.

Nine Solid Years
By Happy Caddy Gal on 02/04/10 13:43 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan

Bought car new in Dec. 2000. Never any problems - only oil changes, batteries, and tires required. All gadgets still work great, but service engine light has come on - transmission torque converter code. Mileage has not dropped, but light still worries me. Since dealer wants over $3K to fix what is now a $5K car, I will probably buy a foreign luxury car (Lexus, Audi, Mercedes). Refuse to buy from any company that took government bailout money. GM and banks should perish for stealing from taxpayers.

THE -LAC...
By bigtimer78 on 02/03/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 2000 deville since 03 and love it. It does burn oil but thats normal. Its got 112,000 on it and has been great. Just now having to really put money into it. Power steering pump and hose goes out at this millage. Over all great car and will buy another one.

solid
By fred on 11/02/09 14:36 PM (PST)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan

bought mine with 71k about a year ago. now has 96k and only have replaced an egr valve. does burn 1 quart between oil changes but from reading here, typical. great gas mileage 25 on highway. great punch when you need it. just replaced brakes all around for 350.00 with ceramic pads and the egr valve was about 200.00. I would buy another one.

dhs2000
By marcin on 10/28/09 20:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan

nice looking car, smooth ride( don;t buy if like taking fast corners)but extreamly expensive to repair. after 100000 miles mark all electrics starts to give up.exelent cruser on highway up to 27 mpg, not so good in the city, i live in chicago and not offten get more then 13mpg in city.

Poor quality for $40K
By J2010G on 10/26/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2000 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

First luxury new car I bought. Treated it well, drove easy. Torque converter replaced at 38K mi. Power Steering replaced at 40K mi. Oil - a quart every 2K mi. Water level sensor out at 60K mi. Fuel pump out at 60K mi. MAFE sensor intermittent at 70K mi and Radiator leak started. On Star obsoleted equipment in car and it ran down battery. Replaced battery. Dash cover turning up at corners at 90K mi even though garaged all the time. A/C blowing greasy stuff out of vents at 90K mi. Torque converter out again at 105K mi. All repair prices/parts out of sight because it's a Cadillac. My used cars all were better than this one. To think I paid $40K....