Who's your Caddy?
By Richsap on
1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan
This is the 3rd pre-owned Cadillac I've had the pleasure to purchase, and they just keep getting better. I traded up from a '95 Concours to a '99 DeVille and now to a '99 Concours. As with most vehicles, the older the car the more likely issues come up, and Cadillacs are no exception. The '95 was on the verge of becoming unreliable, which I attribute to a faulty fuel injector and a starter that had an intermittent issue and would on occasion not function. The '99 Deville was (is) a beauty, until it got hit by an idiot running a red light and totaled by the insurance company. I used the funds to purchase the '99 Concours, and after replacing a malfunctioning alternator it runs & drives like new
Favorite Features
The power of the HP V8, the gas mileage (24 mpg avg.) of the HP V8. The comfortable leather seating. The exceptional braking power. The comfort and luxury, it is the only car we take on long trips!
Suggested Improvements
Preference for the digital dash and column mounted shifter. The digital dash gives you zero-tolerance readings without having to guess, and the console shifter eats up too much room (smaller armrest storage box), blocks the AC controls in park and eliminates a middle seating position.