1999 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Review: My Caddy

1999 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

My Caddy
By Caddy on

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought the Std version. I got fed up because the dealer either made a mistake or scammed me telling me it's a Concours (not an official GM/Cadillac dealer), but a Caddy is a Caddy and it is a dream.I bought it for $6900 CANADIAN (at the time i bought it it was worth 10,000 US). On my first drive from the dealership I had to go on the hectic and jammed 401 on a snowy november night, and it felt like I was driving in my neibourhood on a sunny day in may. I was amazed by the performance. I mainly drive on highways and at one time it gave me 28 miles to the gallon, that's pretty impressive for a 4-ton Cadillac running on a 4 and a half liter Northstar engine.

the dimming mirror, the styling, the seats, the power

the standard model lacks too many features, (nobody will mind to pay a few hundred dollars more for a standard CD player) the dasboard is a bit too plain on the STD and D'E, and give the concours a chrome grille instead of a black one (it my opinion a black grille doesnt suit a cadillac)