1999 Cadillac DeVille 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love this car - fun

1999 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Review

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Love this car - fun to drive.
By chp2902 on

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This is my 8th Cadillac and it drives like a dream and has lots of reserve power. At regular town speeds the Northstar engine purrs but out on the highway, when I need to pass someone - it roars. This car is like a computer on wheels with everything automated for the driver's comfort. Just set it and forget it. The driver's manual is a bit complicated but GM also provides a "short-cut" manual with the car for people who don't like to read a novel. Everyone who rides in this car says it's a "dream car" to own.

Favorite Features

Fantastic gas mileage on the highway. On a recent trip to Utah, Colorado and new Mexico from California the average mileage was 22.6 MPG at 75 and 80 MPH.

Suggested Improvements

Some simplification on the computerization is desireable as the thing has too many bells and whistles for the driver to be concerned about. In some ways this is a better car than the 2000 and 2001 model I've driven. I'll probably keep it for another 3 or 4 years.