1999 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
MY CADDY
By Jaime Cruz on 08/25/09 03:45 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have bought this car last year. It is fun to drive and has good acceleration, save me gas. The only thing I ahve done to it is is fix the fuel pressure other than that just its regular oil change. This is the best car I had have in my whole life its smooth driving all the way. If I would of traded I will traded for a newer model, but I don't think I will sell it its my baby and I love it all the way.

Black Beauty
By Joe on 07/30/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Pros: handles well and is a comfortable drive. Holds its shine very well. Very little engine maintenance required. Cons: side mirror too small when merging into traffic (especially in a construction zone). Power windows failed during hot weather. Automatic Antenna motor broke.

THIS IS THE BEST CAR
By Go Boston!!! on 04/16/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in November 1998. It has 66000 miles on it. It also includes the 50th anniversary edition package. This package includes white diamond paint, elegant chrome wheels and sewn in 50th anniversary in the seats. This car is a fully loaded vehicle even if you buy it standard. Most have heated seats, lumbar support, and massagers.

Dream Ride
By JJones on 04/14/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car almost 9 years and it has been a great car to drive. At 62,000 miles new head gasket, transm. 70,000, other then that no problems. Other then usual wear and tear. Vehicle is clean, get's 18 miles in town, & around 28 on the HW. Everything works fine. Vogue tires with 6/32 on front and 7/32 on rear tires. Driven mostly on HW, Paint has great glow, garage kept, and had paint protection done first 5 years. Most driving done with other car in the city.

Great Car
By Grandma Chad on 03/24/09 06:49 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for nine years. It has had A/C problems and the usual "service soon" light coming on frequently. Other than the usual replacement of belt/hoses, brakes. This is my 'baby' and still gives me a smoother ride than my new 2006 Caddy. Still has good pickup and I get 27-28 mpg on the highway..

Deville not bad
By JDW on 12/23/08 12:47 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Owned since new, mostly normal maintanence, brakes,tires, tuneup. Little warranty issues since new. Expensive dealer repairs were fuel pump at 135K and Air suspension compressor at 115K. Uses a quart of oil every 200-600 miles, more so as it got older.

clear
By caddylover on 06/10/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

My 1999 cadillac deville has been great. It is loaded has 60,000 miles. it is the best car you can buy. Great car for anyone who wants luxury.

I currently own three
By Jerry Kiernan on 05/13/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I currently own 3 all purchased on ebay, 2002, 2006, 2008. Only one has the need for a qt of oil every 1000 miles. Two of the three the drivers power window went,the power antenna went and the air conditioner compressor on one went at 160,000 miles. I use regular gas and get the fuel injectors cleaned for twenty dollars at Wal-mart. Get 17 to 28 mpg.avg 20. Two of the three have Michelin tires and get a great quite ride. Cheap tires effect the ride. Had one since 2002 drove 70,000 miles without ANY repairs other than window,brakes and now the AC. You can get a great car, great ride for under 5000 in 2008 dollars. My son is 22 and he likes it better than his brothers Audi. will go 200,000+mi

Never Again
By Rob on 03/28/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in May of 2007 with 53,000 miles on it, and it has been trouble ever since. First power window motors went out. Second crank seal caused oil leak (At 62,000 miles). During repairs mechanic forgot to put a latch on the right front passenger wheel causing me to lose a wheel (Thankfully) in a garage. Dealership would not refund me the money of the repairs even though they were dangerously done. Now the car is in the shop due to two blown head gaskets. Cadillac Customer Service department is not willing to help out with anything.

Beautiful but disappointing
By jay657 on 09/28/07 19:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

No doubt this Deville is gorgeous, fast and comfortable, but it would have been better if it was RWD. It is absolutely horrible for winter driving. It turns sideways when brakes are applied on snow cover roads. I can't figure out why it guzzles so much oil. The eternal "service engine soon" light is annoying. There is constantly some part that needs to be replace to make the engine light go out for a few weeks, then its right back on again. I'm sorry to say it, but I have a love/ hate relationship with this car.