Used 1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

I Feel Lucky
By junebreeze

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it had low milege and I was able to buy it very cheap because it was already 11 years old. I am sooo glad I found it. It rides like a new one. I have had it 2 years and I know it only has 60,000 miles on it but I can not say one thing negative about it. The power is wonderful, the traction is tops. The gas milege isn't even bad for it's model and size. The paint job is a beaut. It gleams! Thank you Cadillac!

Who's your Caddy?
By Richsap

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd pre-owned Cadillac I've had the pleasure to purchase, and they just keep getting better. I traded up from a '95 Concours to a '99 DeVille and now to a '99 Concours. As with most vehicles, the older the car the more likely issues come up, and Cadillacs are no exception. The '95 was on the verge of becoming unreliable, which I attribute to a faulty fuel injector and a starter that had an intermittent issue and would on occasion not function. The '99 Deville was (is) a beauty, until it got hit by an idiot running a red light and totaled by the insurance company. I used the funds to purchase the '99 Concours, and after replacing a malfunctioning alternator it runs & drives like new

Favorite Features

The power of the HP V8, the gas mileage (24 mpg avg.) of the HP V8. The comfortable leather seating. The exceptional braking power. The comfort and luxury, it is the only car we take on long trips!

Suggested Improvements

Preference for the digital dash and column mounted shifter. The digital dash gives you zero-tolerance readings without having to guess, and the console shifter eats up too much room (smaller armrest storage box), blocks the AC controls in park and eliminates a middle seating position.

the true american luxury automobile
By AI

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

i recently purchased this 1999 deville concours with 73000 mi on it so far it is a blast to drive and very comfortable and quiet,i have driven mb's,lexus,infinity and bmers this car is equal to and even surpasses them as far as build, fit and finish and ride and performance this is the true american luxury automobile. i am sold and a convert from foriegn to american congrats cadillac.

Favorite Features

fit and finish,audio system,quiet and ride

Suggested Improvements

mp3 input,retractable side view mirrors

Used Concours
By bigeel0

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Cadillac DeVille Concours in Reno, Nevada. It was a trust car before being traded in. It had 77,000 miles and now has 120,000. I have not had no problems except with a constant SES sign but the Cadillac forum tells me don't worry about it. It is a comfortable ride and a pleasure to drive on long trips. The only problem I will fix in the future is the oil leak that according to the Cadillac forum most Northstar engines have. I have changed the oil regularly, but have experienced no other real problems that have hindered my enjoyment of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

I love the electric seats and back roller, Stabilitrac system, legroom, and comfort of driving without giving up power. I am 6'1" (214) and it is good for me.

Suggested Improvements

A radar detector built in or a place to put the device. Underdash lights when entering and during driving if needed.

Love my cadilac car!!!
By Blondie

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

This car is a joy to drive, is very elegant, and is a status car. However, this baby can drink some gasoline. So if you're gonna get a cad, a caddy, a cadilac car, please be prepared to shell out some money for gasoline.

Favorite Features

I like the leather seats, the wood trim, the seats are comfortable, four big adults can ride for a long road trip in total comfort.

Suggested Improvements

If only this vehicle would get better gas mileage. Other than that, for my family this is the perfect car. We love our Cadilac Car!!!