Used 1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

1999 Cadillac D'Elegance
By robooo

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2011 with 92k miles, had to have new front struts put on by dealer. Now at 120k miles, I have had to put new radiator fans, new radiator as fans ruined the radiator, torque converter, TPS sensor, a blower motor which took a week to get a 5 bolt since most are 3 bolt and just recently a water pump. All are expensive to fix. Good running car, but like everyone says, they can be expensive to fix. If you buy one used, make sure you like the car and have some money set aside to fix them. Watch your selling price, weak resale value for a Cadillac. Heated seats don't work. Had to convert rear suspension

Favorite Features

It has great features, good gas mileage, rain sense wipers. Seems to have thick windows to give quiet ride. Smooth and has good power. Climate control is auto so you can't put heat our the a/c vents, it decides for you. As long as you can afford to fix it, put premium gas in and possible convert rear suspension from self leveling to a normal spring/shock, it is a good car.

Suggested Improvements

Better workman ship, dash is lifting up, heated seat controls fall through the hole.

What a deal!
By albee213

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have two Deville D'elegance Cadillacs, one a 98 and the other a 99. I purchased the 99 with 89k and owner though engine head gasket was blown, tested engine, nothing wrong but the thermostat was rusted shut. New thermo, flush and coolant and it runs perfect, better than my 98 and it only has 65k, I can not explain it, the 99 engine is smoother and more powerful. I would recomend these cars to only someone who is willing to spend money if something goes wrong, its worth every penny when you compare it to modern cars at 50 plus thousand dollars.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, power everthing. Very responsive V8 Northstar, great mileage on freeway 26+ MPG but poor in City, about 16 MPG. and the smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel column and turning signal is really lame. Its same setup I had in a 1978 Cutless, should have been updated years before that.

I Feel Lucky
By junebreeze

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Concours 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because it had low milege and I was able to buy it very cheap because it was already 11 years old. I am sooo glad I found it. It rides like a new one. I have had it 2 years and I know it only has 60,000 miles on it but I can not say one thing negative about it. The power is wonderful, the traction is tops. The gas milege isn't even bad for it's model and size. The paint job is a beaut. It gleams! Thank you Cadillac!

mrdeville(PHX, AZ) 99 deville-base
By mrdeville

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

i owned this car for 1 yr now. & i love it, it has power & comfort & heads turn cause i got 16' wire wheels on him. my caddy is all car & drives smooth, so far nothin major has gone wrong with it & it has 88,700 miles on it. juss minor things like the antennea motor & d/s window motor, i totally luv this car it is my BABY. i will never get rid of it!!!!my wife didn't want it till she drove it,& then she was convinced she wanted it!!!!

Favorite Features

heated seats, 12 disc adapter in trunk,seat memory i can set & all digital dashboard,all leather seats,radio controllers on steering wheel,the smooth ride

Snowplow Caddy
By Caino

1999 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I drive 80 miles round trip daily to work. I live in northern Maine, 2 hours north of Bangor, me. I've had to plow my way out of my driveway, and out of 2 other roads (2 miles) before I got to main road, at 3:30am. Sometimes i had to plow the main road for miles before it was plowed going through 1 to 2 ft. Drifts. That car never faltered once! I' driven through countless blizzards! That car is the most reliable car I've ever driven. The front wheel drive along with the heavy v8 northstar engine gave the car unbelievable traction. I never worried about being stuck in snow or heavy slush. It was safe consistent and dependable. If I hit a moose it would land on the hood and not on me. Car is bigger than moose!

Favorite Features

Reliability dependability & safety.It gave a great ride and had plenty of power. It is bigger than a moose, moose will land on hood.

Suggested Improvements

Keep the front wheel drive and the 300 hp northstar engine. It gives it great traction. Make it quite a bit bigger than the moose. I like a stick shift on the floor. More sporty!