Used 1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

1999 Cadillac D'Elegance
By robooo

1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2011 with 92k miles, had to have new front struts put on by dealer. Now at 120k miles, I have had to put new radiator fans, new radiator as fans ruined the radiator, torque converter, TPS sensor, a blower motor which took a week to get a 5 bolt since most are 3 bolt and just recently a water pump. All are expensive to fix. Good running car, but like everyone says, they can be expensive to fix. If you buy one used, make sure you like the car and have some money set aside to fix them. Watch your selling price, weak resale value for a Cadillac. Heated seats don't work. Had to convert rear suspension

It has great features, good gas mileage, rain sense wipers. Seems to have thick windows to give quiet ride. Smooth and has good power. Climate control is auto so you can't put heat our the a/c vents, it decides for you. As long as you can afford to fix it, put premium gas in and possible convert rear suspension from self leveling to a normal spring/shock, it is a good car.

Better workman ship, dash is lifting up, heated seat controls fall through the hole.

What a deal!
By albee213

1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have two Deville D'elegance Cadillacs, one a 98 and the other a 99. I purchased the 99 with 89k and owner though engine head gasket was blown, tested engine, nothing wrong but the thermostat was rusted shut. New thermo, flush and coolant and it runs perfect, better than my 98 and it only has 65k, I can not explain it, the 99 engine is smoother and more powerful. I would recomend these cars to only someone who is willing to spend money if something goes wrong, its worth every penny when you compare it to modern cars at 50 plus thousand dollars.

Heated seats, power everthing. Very responsive V8 Northstar, great mileage on freeway 26+ MPG but poor in City, about 16 MPG. and the smooth ride.

Steering wheel column and turning signal is really lame. Its same setup I had in a 1978 Cutless, should have been updated years before that.

clear
By caddylover

1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

My 1999 cadillac deville has been great. It is loaded has 60,000 miles. it is the best car you can buy. Great car for anyone who wants luxury.

Heated seats, massagers, leather, wood grain, style.

Higher resale kbb says it is worth $8000 but i paid $55000 electronic radio antenna.

99 Deville
By tc2lb

1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

In my opinion the 1999 DeVille is one of the best Cadillacs ever made. The comfort of its ride is surpassed by none. It has plenty of horsepower to float down the highway. The interior is full of gadgets and comfort. Need I say more?

Luv my Caddy
By Denise

1999 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I needed a car with some good comforts for traveling as I drive long distance about 8 hours a day, 3 times a week. I had been driving other cars and noticed how stiff I was after getting out of the car. When I first got my Cadillac I noticed that my back no longer hurt. Oh what a relief, that alone was well worth me getting this car. I am looking forward to my next Cadillac.

I love how it handles and looks. It sure picks up speed great when you need to pass. The gas mileage I get on long trips is great...up to 28 MPG. It's better than some of the smaller cars.