1999 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
mrdeville(PHX, AZ) 99 deville-base
By mrdeville on 01/11/12 10:40 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

i owned this car for 1 yr now. & i love it, it has power & comfort & heads turn cause i got 16' wire wheels on him. my caddy is all car & drives smooth, so far nothin major has gone wrong with it & it has 88,700 miles on it. juss minor things like the antennea motor & d/s window motor, i totally luv this car it is my BABY. i will never get rid of it!!!!my wife didn't want it till she drove it,& then she was convinced she wanted it!!!!

Snowplow Caddy
By Caino on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I drive 80 miles round trip daily to work. I live in northern Maine, 2 hours north of Bangor, me. I've had to plow my way out of my driveway, and out of 2 other roads (2 miles) before I got to main road, at 3:30am. Sometimes i had to plow the main road for miles before it was plowed going through 1 to 2 ft. Drifts. That car never faltered once! I' driven through countless blizzards! That car is the most reliable car I've ever driven. The front wheel drive along with the heavy v8 northstar engine gave the car unbelievable traction. I never worried about being stuck in snow or heavy slush. It was safe consistent and dependable. If I hit a moose it would land on the hood and not on me. Car is bigger than moose!

Dream ride
By midway on 05/08/10 19:09 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Have owned for 10 yrs, now at 100,000 miles it still runs and looks like new. Never had a major issue with this car, it's never left me stranded and always starts right up. Everything still works! Can't understand why everyone knocks American car quality!

I love it
By Kareem on 03/11/10 18:06 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

For a car that's 10 years old it still turns heads. I did my research on the northstar before i bought it and heard nothing but horror stories. but at 143,000 miles it runs perfect. it runs so good i wonder if the engine or trans has been rebuilt.but with the high mileage I'm prepared for something to go wrong.

Lemon
By jsmith on 11/25/09 11:56 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Got this car for my wife and ended up with a boat load of problems. At 157,000 The passenger side CV Axle, Left Front Bearing & Driver's side Hub Assembly, Heater Core and sensors showing probloem with Torte Converter Lock-up and Fuel Level Sensor. My advice stay away from this money pit.

MY CADDY
By Jaime Cruz on 08/25/09 03:45 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have bought this car last year. It is fun to drive and has good acceleration, save me gas. The only thing I ahve done to it is is fix the fuel pressure other than that just its regular oil change. This is the best car I had have in my whole life its smooth driving all the way. If I would of traded I will traded for a newer model, but I don't think I will sell it its my baby and I love it all the way.

Black Beauty
By Joe on 07/30/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

Pros: handles well and is a comfortable drive. Holds its shine very well. Very little engine maintenance required. Cons: side mirror too small when merging into traffic (especially in a construction zone). Power windows failed during hot weather. Automatic Antenna motor broke.

THIS IS THE BEST CAR
By Go Boston!!! on 04/16/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in November 1998. It has 66000 miles on it. It also includes the 50th anniversary edition package. This package includes white diamond paint, elegant chrome wheels and sewn in 50th anniversary in the seats. This car is a fully loaded vehicle even if you buy it standard. Most have heated seats, lumbar support, and massagers.

Dream Ride
By JJones on 04/14/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car almost 9 years and it has been a great car to drive. At 62,000 miles new head gasket, transm. 70,000, other then that no problems. Other then usual wear and tear. Vehicle is clean, get's 18 miles in town, & around 28 on the HW. Everything works fine. Vogue tires with 6/32 on front and 7/32 on rear tires. Driven mostly on HW, Paint has great glow, garage kept, and had paint protection done first 5 years. Most driving done with other car in the city.

Great Car
By Grandma Chad on 03/24/09 06:49 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for nine years. It has had A/C problems and the usual "service soon" light coming on frequently. Other than the usual replacement of belt/hoses, brakes. This is my 'baby' and still gives me a smoother ride than my new 2006 Caddy. Still has good pickup and I get 27-28 mpg on the highway..