1998 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
1998 Cadillac Deville
By twindavid on 03/19/11 15:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have found the Deville to be comfortable, quiet, and surprisingly fuel efficient. The car averages 23 MGP. Highway mileage approaches 27-29 MPG. The Northstar V8 is strong and responsive. Obviously, a car of this size does not handle like a sports car, nor was it designed to do so, but it is a beautifully designed cruiser. Virtually every option was ahead of its time back in 1998, and they are still workings flawlessly 13 years later. A true testament in reliability!

Beware the North*Star
By MrCadillacness on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

There's nothing quite like a drive in a Cadillac. The exterior is unique and the interior is spacious. It certainly turns heads especially being 25 and owning one for pleasure driving. 4.6L engine with 300 horses that begs to be unleashed out on the open road.

Owner
By David on 05/30/09 08:19 AM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 19000 miles on the car. I've owned this car since 1999, and its never given me any problems. I did replace the A/C a few years back. Nothing more serious than that. The gas mileage is great, and I would not hesitate driving this car coast to coast today. My car now has 119000 miles on it.

Love the Luxury and outstanding Economy
By Jackie O'Brien on 01/01/09 22:05 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after wrecking my Infinity after an ice storm and have not regreted it one bit. The ride is very smooth; seats are comfortable, everything is at finger tips for easy adjustment. This car gets fantastic fuel usage: 18-21 mpg in town and 26- 28 mpg on the highway driving the speed limit. During the time I have owned the car, I have spent less than $3500 for maintenance plus the regular 3000 mile check up & oil change, etc., and new tires. The body is still beautiful and shinny.

98 Cadillac performance and comfort
By RALPH MANGUM on 09/03/07 16:58 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

We use the car for long road trips, we enjoy the comfort, and space for luggage. Gas mileage is superb when you drive at or near the speed limit. We have had very little repairs to make to this car. An alternator once but nothing else except one set of tires and normal service., every 3k miles.

Luxury Car
By Troy Ericksen on 03/05/07 00:09 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This was my first luxury car. It had phenomenal acceleration, which was shocking considering how heavy the car is. It was as fast as my old GTO. It had plenty of interior room and was very comfortable. It also had an enormous trunk. It ran like a Swiss watch. It did get poor gas mileage and it only runs on premium fuel. It also is expensive to insure. As you would expect, it's not a very nimble car. I purchased it new from a dealer in north central Arkansas. I was very happy with the car, but the tactics of dealership defied rational description.

It is the CADILLAC of cars
By Dave on 03/10/06 07:18 AM (PST)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This is my first Cadillac. I have owned two Lincolns, an Oldsmobile 98, and a Chrysler "New Yorker." None of the other cars came close to the DeVille. I can set the cruise control on 80, and drive all day getting 24 miles per gallon. On a two lane highway, I can step on the gas and the 4.7 liter "NorthStar" engine accelerates like a sports car, making passing safe and quick. Its comfort is great! I'm 66 years old and can drive all day and feel fine. Its handling is REALLY great for such a large car. Maintenance is minimal. I have had to replace one headlight. It is no wonder people use the word "Cadillac" to describe top shelf products of all types.

Comfort and Reliability
By marioltx on 12/12/05 12:46 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

From the moment you step on the gas its smooth all the way, all road conditions, weather and terrain. The only faults are excessive oil consumption, 2 quarts between changes, and while the breaks catch, the car drags the tires along. Once you learn about these and are prepared for them the smoothness and reliability almost makes up for it.

Comfort and reliability - Great Package
By Karenfran on 09/13/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

This family car provides great comfort. Have driven this car all over the country and it zooms along Texas roads getting at 26 miles per gallon and climbs West VA hills with ease. I'm faithful to oil changes, tire rotation and pressure. Bought the car with 17,000 miles (save the showroom price for folks who don't care what they pay). Will definitely consider buying Cadillac again if this one slows down! A/C needed major fix in first few months but my warranty covered everything except $50 deductible.

The perfect family car
By Tracy Telle on 01/27/05 20:02 PM (PST)

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I wanted a family car with a powerful engine. I had already done the SUV thing and was not about to drive a minivan. Well, after owning my 1998 Cadillac DeVille for 6 and 1/2 years I still love it. I did add a Chevrolet Corvette to the garage though, just for a little more fun! The Cadillac is super and I highly recommend it. The car still looks and runs like it came off the showroom floor!