Used 1998 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

1998 Cadillac Deville
By twindavid

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I have found the Deville to be comfortable, quiet, and surprisingly fuel efficient. The car averages 23 MGP. Highway mileage approaches 27-29 MPG. The Northstar V8 is strong and responsive. Obviously, a car of this size does not handle like a sports car, nor was it designed to do so, but it is a beautifully designed cruiser. Virtually every option was ahead of its time back in 1998, and they are still workings flawlessly 13 years later. A true testament in reliability!

Favorite Features

I love this Deville! The luxurious appointments are well defined. Fuel efficient. Stability Control. Class!

Suggested Improvements

The car is timeless.

Beware the North*Star
By MrCadillacness

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

There's nothing quite like a drive in a Cadillac. The exterior is unique and the interior is spacious. It certainly turns heads especially being 25 and owning one for pleasure driving. 4.6L engine with 300 horses that begs to be unleashed out on the open road.

Favorite Features

Power heated leather seats, Bose sound system, just the prestige of ownership

Suggested Improvements

4.6L North*Star Aluminum block engine (Engine cast mold from GM were produced with cracks) that is prone to head gasket repair (most shops will not repair, labor intensive) Brake lines rust rather quickly. Look for the 4.9L engine model that was phased out in 97- 98 instead or buy pre-owned certified

Owner
By David

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 19000 miles on the car. I've owned this car since 1999, and its never given me any problems. I did replace the A/C a few years back. Nothing more serious than that. The gas mileage is great, and I would not hesitate driving this car coast to coast today. My car now has 119000 miles on it.

Love the Luxury and outstanding Economy
By Jackie O'Brien

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after wrecking my Infinity after an ice storm and have not regreted it one bit. The ride is very smooth; seats are comfortable, everything is at finger tips for easy adjustment. This car gets fantastic fuel usage: 18-21 mpg in town and 26- 28 mpg on the highway driving the speed limit. During the time I have owned the car, I have spent less than $3500 for maintenance plus the regular 3000 mile check up & oil change, etc., and new tires. The body is still beautiful and shinny.

Favorite Features

I feel so much safer with the auto locks when the car is in gear and the auto headlights are a plus. I think everyone should own at least one Cadillac in their lifetime. I am 71 years old and regret I waited so long to buy one.

Suggested Improvements

Darken the top 3 inches of the windshield.

98 Cadillac performance and comfort
By RALPH MANGUM

1998 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

We use the car for long road trips, we enjoy the comfort, and space for luggage. Gas mileage is superb when you drive at or near the speed limit. We have had very little repairs to make to this car. An alternator once but nothing else except one set of tires and normal service., every 3k miles.

Favorite Features

The beauty of the white cars exterior and cream colored interior. It is just a beautiful car.

Suggested Improvements

I realize the Northstar engine is special but with the price of gasoline these days it woul be nice if we could use regular.