1997 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Review: Lemons

1997 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Review

By Fletch on

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

My DeVille had roughly 900 miles and the front tire rim and all went flying across 3 lanes of traffic. I bought the car new off the dealer's show room floor and its title stated 3 miles, but the odometer read 35 miles. I drove it for less than 5 minutes when we noticed a vibration in the front end, took the car back 5 or 6 times then the front tire came flying off. I wanted paper work for all the times the car was back in the shop, but the dealer wouldn't give it to us since they KNEW for a fact they sold us a lemon. With 35 miles on the car somnone from the dealer had to know there was a vibration and the car had flaws, also a new car should have 5 miles or less when titled we got hosed big time.

We got screwed. Cadillac should have replaced this car, no ifs, ands, or buts. This is what is called a "field failure" which means GM has to address the problem, they did they send letters out to other new car buyers to let them know of the problem, however we never got one.