Used 1997 Cadillac DeVille Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Junk
By scharfenberg

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I would never by a Cadillac again. I've replaced the motor due to head bolts stripped out of motor. They make an 800 dollar kit to fix the problem but it did not work due to already being done the wrong way. If I were you stay away from 96 to 2000 or you will have a bill of 3500 dollars like i did. If you're thinking about buying one I have this to say to you. It's the biggest pile of junk there is and if I were gm i would be ashamed of putting my name on it.

none

get better engineers. Maybe Japanese.

'97 DeVille
By Richard Peck

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

So far this has been a wonderful car. The fit & finish is very good. It's a fun to drive car. The ride is very good for a 11 year old luxury car. About the only option this car lacks, is a moonroof. Everything on this car works. I've heard a lot of bad things about the Northstar engine. I find it an excellent powertrain. If you keep it from getting overheated, it should last almost forever.

Drivers information center (DIC) Self leveling suspension Very quiet and smooth shifting Interior is quite comfortable This is a very sound car The Northstar engine really performs well

Too bad it doesn't burn regular gas

'97 deville
By cp

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car. Luxury, good mileage 19-21 mpg. Excellent ride. I'm not a kid, and I'm not in a hurry, I'm into comfort. We live 20 miles in a rural setting in California. We drive a lot. I also have a Prius for my sales job, 45 plus mpg, 40,000 a year, but when we go out, we always take the DeVille.

That motor! Talk about power! Never a strain. Also plenty of room in seating area and trunk. (but not one extra thousandth of an inch under the hood.)

Placement of the alternator and AC pump. I do my own work, have replaced, raditor, water pump, alternator, and suspension air pump, all after 120,000 miles

Great used car for the money
By bobkat

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

For those of you looking to pick up a reliable, safe and comfortable used sedan need look no further than the '97 through '99 Cadillac DeVille. It has all the luxury features you want and then some... The Northstar V8 engine is powerful and gives that nice "V8" growl when you give it some throttle. The sunroof (moonroof?) is a nice feature and is very quiet when open - even at highway speeds. The CD changer in the trunk is great! It has power everything and the most intelligent lighting system I've ever seen in a car. It turns the headlights on when needed and somehow even knows when to dim the dashboard lights and when not to - amazing. The '97 DeVille gives you excellent value for your used car dollar.

The CD changer in the trunk, sunroof, Northstar V8 engine, auto-dimming dashboard lights, massive trunk, and overall styling.

'97 Cadillac Sedan Deville
By Waylon Burks

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

My 1997 Cadillac Seville is very comfortable. I like the quite ride with the adjustable seats and lumbar. It gets excellent gas milage for a luxury car. I averaged 24.5 MPG with my sales travel which was mostly highway. The Bose sound system, fingertip controls, and power to spare - to mention a few things - make this a very stable and dependable vehicle. I now have 175,000 miles on the car with only minor repairs.

I love the quiet, smooth ride with sporty takeoff power.

Allow the use of regular instead of premium gasoline (which is done on later models).