Used 1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Awesome
By youngcaddy

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Im 17 and my grandfather gave me my 97 cadillac deville d'elegance. defenitly an awesome car especially for my age. i use it for speed really. very fast. very comfortable. and the backseat is like a bed ;)

Favorite Features

Northstar v8.

Good As New
By tazchi

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 and a half months. I replaced my 88 Seville for this car. Very good styling,everyone really likes this car. Ride is very smooth. Seats are very comfortable. Great car to cruise around town in or great for a extended road trip. Had a 96 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, It in no way compares to this car! Better styling and better resell value.

Favorite Features

Driver Information Center. Auto dimming rear view mirror and auto dim outside mirrors (night time driving is so much better) Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Why did GM require the passenger side door to be unlocked (if you dont have your keyless remote) to disarm the security system? This is especially bad in pouring rains. It's also a headache period if you ask me. Better quality sound for stereo.

A good deal for the $$$
By gm owner 4 ever

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year and have only put about 5K miles on it since. It is used mainly for long trips. The car only has 74k miles on it. I have had no problems other than the power ant stopped working and now I have to hand wash the car. Very smooth ride and strong V-8. I paid $4100 for the car and never looked back.

Favorite Features

V-8 power, size (safe), smooth ride. Old school Caddy just like Dad bought when I was a kid.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is poor around town. But it is a big heavy safe car.

Junk
By scharfenberg

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I would never by a Cadillac again. I've replaced the motor due to head bolts stripped out of motor. They make an 800 dollar kit to fix the problem but it did not work due to already being done the wrong way. If I were you stay away from 96 to 2000 or you will have a bill of 3500 dollars like i did. If you're thinking about buying one I have this to say to you. It's the biggest pile of junk there is and if I were gm i would be ashamed of putting my name on it.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

get better engineers. Maybe Japanese.

'97 DeVille
By Richard Peck

1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

So far this has been a wonderful car. The fit & finish is very good. It's a fun to drive car. The ride is very good for a 11 year old luxury car. About the only option this car lacks, is a moonroof. Everything on this car works. I've heard a lot of bad things about the Northstar engine. I find it an excellent powertrain. If you keep it from getting overheated, it should last almost forever.

Favorite Features

Drivers information center (DIC) Self leveling suspension Very quiet and smooth shifting Interior is quite comfortable This is a very sound car The Northstar engine really performs well

Suggested Improvements

Too bad it doesn't burn regular gas