1997 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
The Best Caddy
By limoman on 11/08/06 14:04 PM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

The DeVille Concours is the clear winner if you want that full luxury feel, but with agility. It is a flawless car in terms of maintenance and quality. I wish someone now could make such a luxurious interior.

Lemons
By Fletch on 07/01/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

My DeVille had roughly 900 miles and the front tire rim and all went flying across 3 lanes of traffic. I bought the car new off the dealer's show room floor and its title stated 3 miles, but the odometer read 35 miles. I drove it for less than 5 minutes when we noticed a vibration in the front end, took the car back 5 or 6 times then the front tire came flying off. I wanted paper work for all the times the car was back in the shop, but the dealer wouldn't give it to us since they KNEW for a fact they sold us a lemon. With 35 miles on the car somnone from the dealer had to know there was a vibration and the car had flaws, also a new car should have 5 miles or less when titled we got hosed big time.

My First Cadillac
By Mark on 06/26/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

The '97 DeVille has a very comfortable ride. It is also very reliable. It has a great sound system -- Bose comes standard, I guess. Its gas mileage is actually decent, considering how big a car it is. If I drive "sensibly," I can get about 28 mpg on the freeway and about 18-19 on city streets.

1997 Cadillac
By BobHem on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Excellant Quality. Little trouble. Glad latter years required regular unleaded rather tha premium.

Needs improvement
By ferrman on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Cadillac has a long way to go to be considered in the same class as European automobiles. The soft ride and mediocre handling, although improved, do not bode well for Cadillac to seriously compete with other luxury marques. Dealers do not seem very helpful, which is unfortunate, since I've spent quite a bit of time there.

caddy is over rated
By caddycadcad on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

I just bought this off some guy at what i thought was a great bargain until I drove it home. The computer does not stop with error messages: "service ride control", a/c refridgerent too low (even though I just filled it), my odometer stopped moving, my ac doesn't work anymore, my radiator leaks and I have only owned it three days!!! Above all, it won't go into fourth gear. On the highway, for example, it stays in third. Worst purchase ever. Should have kept my Town Car.

The Rev's Caddy
By Jack White on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Overall My Cadillac has been a very good car the only thing I've had to purchase was struts(120,000)miles. The cars are very fast.I've had my (CONCOURS) up to 138 mph and was still pulling before I took my foot out of it. (The car runs like a scalded dawg)

love it
By myalias on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

At 119 000 miles,the only replacements have been strut mounts,and front rotors and pads.Great car,if more people drove it that were my age/they probably would buy(early 30s).Concours is a great car/and more headroom than an sts(lets you get a moonroof!)(6"2)

1997 Caddy Concours.. Great Value!
By Kaos on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Classic land yacht with lots of pep from the 300 hp Northstar.

Nice for a short time
By Andrew1 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

Driving long distances is a pure joy, the comfort of the cockpit is wonderful. However when a little problem arrises, the Dealership has money signs in their eyes. The braking system in conjunction with the traction system is poor. The acceleration is good. Overall I would rather short term lease this car, because after 60,000 miles you are in no mans land.