1997 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Awesome
By youngcaddy on 07/23/11 00:18 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Im 17 and my grandfather gave me my 97 cadillac deville d'elegance. defenitly an awesome car especially for my age. i use it for speed really. very fast. very comfortable. and the backseat is like a bed ;)

Good As New
By tazchi on 11/05/08 20:48 PM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 and a half months. I replaced my 88 Seville for this car. Very good styling,everyone really likes this car. Ride is very smooth. Seats are very comfortable. Great car to cruise around town in or great for a extended road trip. Had a 96 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, It in no way compares to this car! Better styling and better resell value.

A good deal for the $$$
By gm owner 4 ever on 09/08/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year and have only put about 5K miles on it since. It is used mainly for long trips. The car only has 74k miles on it. I have had no problems other than the power ant stopped working and now I have to hand wash the car. Very smooth ride and strong V-8. I paid $4100 for the car and never looked back.

Caddy
By MRD on 03/23/06 11:09 AM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

My 1997 Cadillac DeVille rides well and tracks perfectly. It is a very comfortable car, especially for the driver.

Enjoyed this car
By stur2dog on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Very good car, purchased new.just sold it at 80,000 mile.Car has classy appeal, secure ride. did have to replace alternator at 70,000 miles. On 3 occassions after driving in summer with A/C going , car unexpectly cut of while slowing down vehicle . First occurance in 98, and twice this year. Service could never duplicate problem. In spite of this I Personally like this car better than the recently purchased 2004 Model.

Get the extented warranty used carI
By Stylist Jo on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I love my car. I owned a Cadillac before this one and it saved my life. Will never own a compact car. Too many SUV's and I travel long distances. This car is a dream for travel and other passengers are comfortable in the back seat. Great features and it is a fun car to drive.Looks great and has great curb appeal. I agree with other reviewer...buy used, crazy to buy new. I did have to replace the transmission in 2000 and other minor things that were covered in my extended warranty. Worth the extra money and has paid for itself.

not happy
By AMLIE on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

At just over 50,000 mi got antifreeze in oil. No warrantee help from Cadillac. Burned 1 Qt oil in 1,500 mi. Installed used engine w 22.000 mi. Burns qt oil in 1,500 mi. Replaced water pump, replaced 1 plug, wire, and coil 2x. replaced all plugs and wires. Load leveler not working. presently 104,000 ni.