1997 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Awesome
By youngcaddy on 07/23/11 00:18 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Im 17 and my grandfather gave me my 97 cadillac deville d'elegance. defenitly an awesome car especially for my age. i use it for speed really. very fast. very comfortable. and the backseat is like a bed ;)

Good As New
By tazchi on 11/05/08 20:48 PM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 and a half months. I replaced my 88 Seville for this car. Very good styling,everyone really likes this car. Ride is very smooth. Seats are very comfortable. Great car to cruise around town in or great for a extended road trip. Had a 96 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, It in no way compares to this car! Better styling and better resell value.

A good deal for the $$$
By gm owner 4 ever on 09/08/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year and have only put about 5K miles on it since. It is used mainly for long trips. The car only has 74k miles on it. I have had no problems other than the power ant stopped working and now I have to hand wash the car. Very smooth ride and strong V-8. I paid $4100 for the car and never looked back.

Junk
By scharfenberg on 09/01/08 01:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I would never by a Cadillac again. I've replaced the motor due to head bolts stripped out of motor. They make an 800 dollar kit to fix the problem but it did not work due to already being done the wrong way. If I were you stay away from 96 to 2000 or you will have a bill of 3500 dollars like i did. If you're thinking about buying one I have this to say to you. It's the biggest pile of junk there is and if I were gm i would be ashamed of putting my name on it.

'97 DeVille
By Richard Peck on 07/26/08 14:48 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

So far this has been a wonderful car. The fit & finish is very good. It's a fun to drive car. The ride is very good for a 11 year old luxury car. About the only option this car lacks, is a moonroof. Everything on this car works. I've heard a lot of bad things about the Northstar engine. I find it an excellent powertrain. If you keep it from getting overheated, it should last almost forever.

'97 deville
By cp on 06/02/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

I loved this car. Luxury, good mileage 19-21 mpg. Excellent ride. I'm not a kid, and I'm not in a hurry, I'm into comfort. We live 20 miles in a rural setting in California. We drive a lot. I also have a Prius for my sales job, 45 plus mpg, 40,000 a year, but when we go out, we always take the DeVille.

The Best Caddy
By limoman on 11/08/06 14:04 PM (PST)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

The DeVille Concours is the clear winner if you want that full luxury feel, but with agility. It is a flawless car in terms of maintenance and quality. I wish someone now could make such a luxurious interior.

Lemons
By Fletch on 07/01/06 09:10 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

My DeVille had roughly 900 miles and the front tire rim and all went flying across 3 lanes of traffic. I bought the car new off the dealer's show room floor and its title stated 3 miles, but the odometer read 35 miles. I drove it for less than 5 minutes when we noticed a vibration in the front end, took the car back 5 or 6 times then the front tire came flying off. I wanted paper work for all the times the car was back in the shop, but the dealer wouldn't give it to us since they KNEW for a fact they sold us a lemon. With 35 miles on the car somnone from the dealer had to know there was a vibration and the car had flaws, also a new car should have 5 miles or less when titled we got hosed big time.

My First Cadillac
By Mark on 06/26/06 14:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille Concours 4dr Sedan

The '97 DeVille has a very comfortable ride. It is also very reliable. It has a great sound system -- Bose comes standard, I guess. Its gas mileage is actually decent, considering how big a car it is. If I drive "sensibly," I can get about 28 mpg on the freeway and about 18-19 on city streets.

Great used car for the money
By bobkat on 04/15/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

1997 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan

For those of you looking to pick up a reliable, safe and comfortable used sedan need look no further than the '97 through '99 Cadillac DeVille. It has all the luxury features you want and then some... The Northstar V8 engine is powerful and gives that nice "V8" growl when you give it some throttle. The sunroof (moonroof?) is a nice feature and is very quiet when open - even at highway speeds. The CD changer in the trunk is great! It has power everything and the most intelligent lighting system I've ever seen in a car. It turns the headlights on when needed and somehow even knows when to dim the dashboard lights and when not to - amazing. The '97 DeVille gives you excellent value for your used car dollar.